Meizu M6 vs Sansa
May 24, 2007 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

fyleow

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a new flash based player and I'm trying to decide between the Meizu and the Sansa. The Sansa is nice because Rockbox runs on it but based on some of the posts here it seems that the sound quality is not that great. I'm guessing that Rockbox doesn't improve the quality much either.

The Meizu is inexpensive and looks pretty nice. Does anyone know how it sounds?

I'm looking for the following characteristics:
-Flash based 4 GB +
-Browse music based on folders (very important)
-FLAC/Ogg

May 24, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 19
Cowon D2 would work... not sure if it can browse by folders though... 1st gen ipod nano maybe? Heard it sounded good amped

May 24, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyleow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
-Flash based 4 GB +
-FLAC/Ogg

The M6 meets your listed requirements and has a great sound, especially when paired with my UM1s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The M6 is awesome! The sound is robust and it really mates well with bass-deficient IEMs.

-Pony

May 24, 2007 at 8:29 AM Post #5 of 19
YEAH
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyleow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for a new flash based player and I'm trying to decide between the Meizu and the Sansa. The Sansa is nice because Rockbox runs on it but based on some of the posts here it seems that the sound quality is not that great. I'm guessing that Rockbox doesn't improve the quality much either.

The Meizu is inexpensive and looks pretty nice. Does anyone know how it sounds?

-Flash based 4 GB +
-FLAC/Ogg

The Meizu has a louder hiss than my Iaudio5. Other than that, can't complain.

Jun 1, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #10 of 19
The only issue I would have with choosing the M6 over the D2 is that with the D2 you can expand the memory with a SDHC card while the M6 is not expandable from my understanding.

Jun 3, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be aware the new se models will be virtually the same, only thinner and with consequently less battery life.

Are you sure the battery life is going to suffer? I guess that would make sense but I was hoping they engineered their way into a smaller case without too many sacrifices.

I think the M3se is worth waiting for because of changes to the controls. The current version doesn't have dedicated skip and previous tracks.

I'm worried about how easy it is to use the M6 with one hand. It looks like it might be difficult to hold and control since it's all the way on one side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back