Meizu M6 phase corrected equalizer and E4, WOW
May 15, 2007 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

qscq

Head-Fier
I have been playing all my music throught meizu m6 and shure E4's. It has been annoying me that E4's sound is so flat. It just misses some dynamics and soundstage (correct me if I misuse these terms), thought it's much more accurate in certain ways than sr60. There is just some songs for which I absolutely envy the sr60's sound signature's advantages compared to E4.

Well, I started to play with m6's EQ. I had done this before and resulted to zero modifications (flat). Then I checked the phase corrected equalizer which I previously found just to boost the volume. After a quick testings with PCE set to 1 I can say... I was so wrong.

After some testing I have nothing else to say: WOW.

Well, I guess you want me to say something more too
wink.gif

I can describe the differences PCE 0 vs PCE 1 like a landscape: If I listen without PCE, I would see a landscape as a postcard, flat and lack of depth.
PCE at 1, I would be at the place where the picture was taken, seeing the landscape in it's glory.

I don't really know the terms to describe this difference. I hope that people with meizu m6 and shure E4 would post their impressions. Maybe this would work with other earphones too, who knows.

Pirates of the Caribbean: "He's A Pirate" shows a great example of this difference. I have listened about an hour and so in almost every music this PCE seems to be amazing. Thought, it makes the sound little more fatigueing with certain song (which are already pretty bright and sharp:The Silent Force, "Stand My Ground"), drums sound sharper and vocals became more pleasing to my ears.

EDIT: using PCE increases the amount of hiss...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back