Meizu M6 MiniPlayer First Impressions (Compared to X5)
Jul 8, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #16 of 22
Yeah, I can't wait for that 30fps goodness... you can fit a full XviD TV season in 8GB at that screen's resolution!

Once it drops I'll be really interested in hearing what differences there are in the sound quality, as this player is definitely on my short list.

Jul 8, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #17 of 22
yes the player is very good sounding, to me ,too... on flat settings it sounds great, but i prefer the "phase corrected equalizer" turned on to 1... nothing more aside from that turned on, it just sounds a bit more "livelier" and not processed, with that...but i cannot agree with that, that it is incredible loud... i'm using firmware 2.003.2 and creative ep-630, no amp.. and in loud/noisy environment i've the volume turned to 19-22, for normal listening.. in quiet environment (like the university's library) i'm listening to 8-14.... so how come u cannot listen to more than 5 ?? i also have some koss-ksc75..when i use them, i've to turn my m6 to the same loudness as with the creative ones, for normal listening.. and i'm not deaf or have any problems with my hearing..

Jul 9, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #18 of 22
What's the configuration on the Go-Vibe (which op-amps)? If it has the 6172 or AD8620, there's a fairly decent chance that the Meizu's headphone out drives your headphones with lower distortion.

Jul 9, 2007 at 1:31 PM Post #20 of 22
I'm still waiting on the new firmware. I use mine unamped with just a slight bass boost for my Yuin Pk1's. They sound great. When I had my e500's, I used Phase Corrected Equilizer(2) and nothing else. It was night and day with those headphones.

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #21 of 22
My GV5 had the 6172.

I'd buy the M6 again; it's really fantastic portable synergy with my iM716 and lets me keep my X5/C&C for home/bedside.

Jul 10, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #22 of 22
I use one without effects with some v-moda vibes and don't hear a hiss at all - didn't hear one with an ms-1 either. In fact it has great synergy with both those cans.

Basically bought one because it was smaller and cheaper that the d2 or clix 2 - couldn't be happier with it unamped (makes me wonder about getting some pk-1s though if it can drive those
evil_smiley.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back