Meizu M6 Mini Player anyone?
Sep 18, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolos
Soon I will have my Shure E500. I need to use it with a small mp3 player unamped that does not hiss.

I am looking for these, in order:

1-Best unamped sound quality with IEM E500
2-Doesn't hiss
3-Not less than 2gb (the more the better)
4-Supports Drag n Drop (UMS) -- All iriver products now can support UMS through a firmware upgrade
biggrin.gif

My choices are between:

-iriver Clix 2gb: Can support UMS file transfer through a new firmware upgrade.

-Creative V Plus 4gb or Creative Zen Micro Photo 8gb: It has a very high SnR ratio -- 98db, so I guess it shouldn't hiss with the E500?

-Meizu M6 4gb: PeeeMeS said that it doesn't hiss with his E500. It supports Drag n Drop.

-iAudio 6 4gb: My last option though due to the reported 3 seconds lag between switching tracks!

Please Advise! Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

iAudio 6 is not flash but microdrive therefore not as solid. I'd put the M6 and the Samsung Z5 on the top of my list for unamped flash power.

Sep 18, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolos
1-Best unamped sound quality with IEM E500
2-Doesn't hiss
3-Not less than 2gb (the more the better)
4-Supports Drag n Drop (UMS) -- All iriver products now can support UMS through a firmware upgrade
biggrin.gif

My iAudio G3 doesn't hiss with my iM616s. It supports UMS out of the box. 13mw/channel output. The iAudio 5 and U2 should be pretty much the same but with different form factors/batteries. U3 has more power, color screen.

Sep 18, 2006 at 4:34 PM Post #18 of 30
Sep 18, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #19 of 30
I used to own iAudio U3. It sounded really good but I liked my iriver H320 more. I can say that iriver H320 breathed life into the music!!

The iAudio U3 didnt engage me emotionally with the music. It was plain.

That is why I am little skeptical about trying iaudio again and I am leaning toward the "iriver" sound, assuming they have this rich full smooth sound. That is assuming that all iaudio have more or less similar sound and the same goes with iriver. However, H320 hissed a lot
frown.gif
not to mention its bulky size.

I need drag n drop -- folder browser supprt. Therefore, I will stick to either iriver, meizu, or iaudio - the only three comapnies that support UMS AFAIK.

Has anyone compared either of these players? Or has compared different iaudio products and notices difference in sound quality?

Thanks again!
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #20 of 30
Im very tempted by the miniplayer. It looks great, and apparently sounds fairly decent. I was worried because the initial reviews said that the controls are kind of wonky and not very stable. But they have since released numerous firmware updates to correct that. But right now I want to see whats up with the miniplayer2 that's suppose to be announced soon.

Sep 25, 2006 at 12:47 AM Post #21 of 30
I was this.........close hitting the "Buy it now" button on ebay. What stop me is the though of a black 8gig version. So I asked the ebay seller to let me know when they'll be carrying the black 4gig (for now) version. As soon as I get an answer, I am going to hit the "Buy it now" button. This player seems to have a good potential to be a great one, let's hope so. Well...another gadget to waste money on....ahh human...we are so spoiled.
blink.gif

Sep 25, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #22 of 30
does anyone know what the retail prices of these are in China? I have family there that could pick one up for me... Also, a place where I could have them pick one up for me in Beijing would be very helpful
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 1:23 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill
does anyone know what the retail prices of these are in China? I have family there that could pick one up for me... Also, a place where I could have them pick one up for me in Beijing would be very helpful
wink.gif

You may visit www.meizu.com and there are prices listed in the website. 4G version is around USD200. You can find the distributors there as well. Of course, you do need to know how to read Simplified Chinese.
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #25 of 30
I got a black 4gig M6 last week and i'm thrilled with this thing.

It's a nice little portable player, good size, fantastic sound. I'm using it and UM2's and enjoying it quite a bit.

It's nice to not have to lug around the "Hi-Fi" rig.

Oct 6, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fortune

It's a nice little portable player, good size, fantastic sound. I'm using it and UM2's and enjoying it quite a bit.

My um2's may be finding a new partner.

Thank you Dude. I freeking love that movie!!
Do!

Oct 6, 2006 at 12:58 PM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fortune

How doe the sound compare to your "Hi-fi" rig?

Thanks.
Do!

Oct 6, 2006 at 2:44 PM Post #28 of 30
Mr. Do,

Ok, the normal current "portable" rig is.....

H140, rockbox, optical out--->microdac---->supermacro III---> UM2's, Proline 650's

I also have an X5L that I was using prior to getting the M6 for light travel, walks around town, etc

The M6 sounds very good to my ears, i like it very much in comparison to the x5L. I haven't spent enough time switching back and forth and comparing the two to say which I like more. I have been pleasantly content with the sound.

I don't mess with sound too much so I don't use SRS, etc. Just some small equilizer tweaks here and there. Hope this helps....

I'm cautious to give to much praise, it seems that new products get lot's of hype in the initial exposure phase only to be knocked down after closer examination.

I like it, very much actually.... the sound is great, it suits my ears. Controls are decent, ui is good, but for me the only thing that really matters is the sound and the size. The rest is just fluff as far as i'm concerned.

Oct 9, 2006 at 12:19 PM Post #30 of 30
I posted my opinion in the wrong forum (see link below). To me, the Meizu is way too noisy (i use it with shure e500 but without an amp). There is a constant noise from zero volume and up, and I need to raise the volume quite high before not noticing the noise anymore. I compare it to my iAudio m3 20gb which has almost no noise at all (with the same headphones).

Otherwise it's great in all ways, but SQ is for me top priority. I will continue using my iAudio and the Meizu only for extra mobility.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ighlight=meizu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back