Meitner MA-1
Aug 5, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #17 of 56
or .. it could be so good that ppl stopped posting? (probably not true, seeing how I am still posting even though there is literally nothing i can upgrade to for my source that's still sanely priced).

A simple google search turned up absolutely nothing that can be even considered an impression. This is odd, indeed, especially considering the designer's pedigree.

Aug 6, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #18 of 56

Quote:
or .. it could be so good that ppl stopped posting? (probably not true, seeing how I am still posting even though there is literally nothing i can upgrade to for my source that's still sanely priced).

A simple google search turned up absolutely nothing that can be even considered an impression. This is odd, indeed, especially considering the designer's pedigree.

It's still quite a new piece. It will be months before the traditional reviewers get their pieces on it written.

Aug 6, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #19 of 56

Quote:

Ed Meitner is a smart guy. and EMM Labs did make a number of cutting edge digital products (i owned a number of them). but Ed is not a digital designer; Andreas Koch did most of the digital design for EMM Labs until 4-5 years ago when he and a partner started Playback Designs. so as far as pedigree for digital design, whoever is doing it now for EMM Labs has not been there very long.

this is not to say their products are not outstanding.....but they don't get quite the 'cashe' they did at one time relative to the cutting edge in digital audio design. i'm only speaking of perceptions, not performance. that's another subject.

Aug 7, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #20 of 56
Unfortunately, I've have only had a few hours of serious listening, and less than 10 hours total listening. Can't really give an accurate impression based on that.

Aug 12, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #21 of 56

Quote:

Ed Meitner is a smart guy. and EMM Labs did make a number of cutting edge digital products (i owned a number of them). but Ed is not a digital designer; Andreas Koch did most of the digital design for EMM Labs until 4-5 years ago when he and a partner started Playback Designs. so as far as pedigree for digital design, whoever is doing it now for EMM Labs has not been there very long.

this is not to say their products are not outstanding.....but they don't get quite the 'cashe' they did at one time relative to the cutting edge in digital audio design. i'm only speaking of perceptions, not performance. that's another subject.

I came across some interesting info regarding J. Tinn( of playback designs) and Emmlabs.

[size=smaller][size=larger]http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/oregon/ordce/3:2007cv00963/84055/181/0.pdf?1270846062[/size][/size]

[size=smaller][size=larger]   Do you think Tinn and Koch planned this right from the beginning?[/size][/size]

Aug 13, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #22 of 56

Quote:
Unfortunately, I've have only had a few hours of serious listening, and less than 10 hours total listening. Can't really give an accurate impression based on that.

Hi! I have a question. What drivers are included with the DAC? Is it only WASAPI or ASIO too?
The official site is still under construction and I am very curious about it.

Aug 28, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #24 of 56
some 1x every thing ok? Silence for so long. I am just wondering if it is caused by total lost in music provided by MA-1 or confusion why it costs so mutch for giving so less.
Now seriuosly have a mercy and write anything about the DAC.

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #25 of 56

When adiophiles get a new toy and it is fantastic they can't wait to tell everyone.This has been anything but the case in regards to this dac.
I was very seriously considering the Meitner dac but have decided against it. The complete lack of response from users suggests something is not right. ComputerAudiophile have had one for over 2 months and not a single word about it, not one. My gut tells me to steer clear of this dac( at least for the time being).

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #26 of 56

Quote:

When adiophiles get a new toy and it is fantastic they can't wait to tell everyone.This has been anything but the case in regards to this dac.
I was very seriously considering the Meitner dac but have decided against it. The complete lack of response from users suggests something is not right. ComputerAudiophile have had one for over 2 months and not a single word about it, not one. My gut tells me to steer clear of this dac( at least for the time being).

So.. you're going to decide against a potentially great product, having never heard it, because one owner on headfi hasn't posted about it, and CA hasn't gotten around to it yet? CA has (or had) a Wavelink for probably a year now. Never posted on it. I met Chris and he's a great guy, but not a timely updater. If he doesn't like a product he'll let you know - just read his review of the Esoteric D-07. If you want his opinion, just ask him.

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #27 of 56

Quote:
So.. you're going to decide against a potentially great product, having never heard it, because one owner on headfi hasn't posted about it, and CA hasn't gotten around to it yet? CA has (or had) a Wavelink for probably a year now. Never posted on it. I met Chris and he's a great guy, but not a timely updater. If he doesn't like a product he'll let you know - just read his review of the Esoteric D-07. If you want his opinion, just ask him.

Yes, I am writing the Meitner dac off for now. I will revisit it next year but for right now I believe there is a problem with it( bugs or whatever).

Aug 29, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #29 of 56

There is absolutey no impression anywhere, by anyone, and the DAC has been out for a while now. Certain initial posts suggesting reviews were forthcoming have been all but abandoned. Certain other discussions were moved to "private means." I would say there is a general ominous shadow over this DAC. 

Quote:
Based on what evidence?

Aug 29, 2011 at 7:30 AM Post #30 of 56

Quote:
There is absolutey no impression anywhere, by anyone, and the DAC has been out for a while now. Certain initial posts suggesting reviews were forthcoming have been all but abandoned. Certain other discussions were moved to "private means." I would say there is a general ominous shadow over this DAC.

I find this to be very strange that silence = broken product, especially when its a near $7K product that few have access to. Admittedly it is a little bit weird that the Meitner website seems to have disappeared, and the address now just takes you to EMM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back