Meier Corda Move & Lunchbox II comparisons?
Aug 17, 2007 at 8:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mr_Happy

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

Has anyone here had the chance to compare the Meier Corda Move with the Lunchbox II? This might be a bit of apples vs. oranges (tubes vs solid state, home vs portable) but they are both in the same price range. I'm looking for something to feed Sennheiser HD 580's from an EMU 0404 USB DAC. Any opinions would be appreciated!

Aug 17, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #2 of 5
I have both, and both are truly excellent amps. That said, I would go for the Lunchbox II, as long as you are willing to use a tube amp, and don't need portability. You will be rewarded with both excellent sound, and a very cool amp.

Aug 17, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 5
I may be wrong, but I believe the common opinion is that the Sennheiser sound signature is very tubey itself. A bass heavy / rolled off treble tube sound might not be what you're looking for in an amp on a headphone that already exhibits these traits?

Sorry if I'm wrong in any way, feel free to school me on tubes or Senns, or tubes for Senns
wink.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 5
I feel like that solid states like a PPA with a very quick and detailed sound signature best pairs with Senns. Personally the point of an amp is to add to where the the headphones falls short, and in no way do Senns need any more warmth and bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back