Meier Corda Move details released
Aug 18, 2007 at 12:05 PM Post #1,036 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry Flower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Digital or analogue doesn't matter: it just depends on the recording. It has relatively little effect on modern recordings, but transforms early stereo recordings. It's an absolute blessing for 50s and 60s jazz, especially.

If only i had some appropriate music to try it out on. Does anybody know of a track i can stream from the internet somewhere which will allow me to hear a difference with crossfeed enabled? I need to find out if it's broken or not.

Aug 18, 2007 at 12:38 PM Post #1,037 of 1,165
@Mansize_tissue: You could try something like this: Use your operating system's audio mixer/controls and the implemented audio balance controls to shift the balance to only the left or right channel. After you have done that try listening to some music with the crossfeed turned off and then on, if you hear sounds in the channel that you've "disabled", the crossfeed is working properly.

Aug 18, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #1,038 of 1,165
From Rhymesgalore:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A simple way to test how crossfeed works is to play a track with audio on only on side. I created a 300hz test tone which plays on the left channe only:
http://rapidshare.com/files/43568614/crossfeed-test.mp3

If you listen to it without crossfeed it's on the left side only. But when you switch crossfeed on, the tone "moves" more to the center. Just give it a try, and you will instantly see that crossfeed works
600smile.gif

Aug 18, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #1,039 of 1,165
Hmm... I tried to take the front plate off of the Move (which I'm assuming is the side with the parts and volume knob) and it won't move (no pun intended) when I take the screws out. If I unscrew it from the "back", I can get the plate off but the inside won't move. What am I missing here?

Aug 18, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #1,040 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by DBrim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm... then trying to take the front plate off of the Move (which I'm assuming is the side with the parts and volume knob, it won't move (no pun intended) when I take the screws out. If I unscrew it from the "back", I can get the plate off but the inside won't move. What am I missing here?

It should slide out regardless if the back plate is on or not. Perhaps a spot of glue or something is holding it in. I would think the safest way to carefully force it is to have the back plate off and push on the PCB (obviously, be sure the screws for the front plate are out).

Aug 18, 2007 at 2:32 PM Post #1,042 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by DBrim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got mine in earlier today... will be burning it in this weekend, will just playing music work fine?

Should I be changing it to low current to drive my AH-D1000s?

There is no low current setting.

Aug 18, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #1,044 of 1,165
Thank you AlterAnthony and koto-in. I guess it is working, then, since i hear music out of the right channel with crossfeed on when playing that 300hz test tone. However, it's very quiet. The same with music: if i play music out of the right channel, for example, and enable crossfeed i hear it out of the left channel but it's a lot quieter than the right. Is this right?

Aug 18, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #1,045 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansize_tissue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you AlterAnthony and koto-in. I guess it is working, then, since i hear music out of the right channel with crossfeed on when playing that 300hz test tone. However, it's very quiet. The same with music: if i play music out of the right channel, for example, and enable crossfeed i hear it out of the left channel but it's a lot quieter than the right. Is this right?

Yes. It's quite subtle - just enough to bring the stereo image together. After it becomes part of your perception of listening to music with headphones, you'll likely find it indispensable. Without it, one wonders why the musicians are playing in two separate rooms...

Aug 18, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #1,046 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by koto-in /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course there is.

Yep, there is a low gain setting AND a low current setting. I think the MOVE sounds best in low gain and high current.

Aug 18, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #1,047 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by koto-in /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course there is.

There is a gain setting, and there is a voltage setting. Voltage is not current. There is no setting for current. Current is measured in amps, not volts.

Aug 18, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #1,048 of 1,165
Quoted, from the Meier Audio Website (the bold emphasis is mine):

Quote:

The unit runs from a single 9V battery and internally the supply voltage is used to create a pair of +4.5 and -4.5V powerlines (low current mode) or a pair of +9 and -9V powerlines (high current mode).

Aug 18, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #1,050 of 1,165
http://amasci.com/miscon/energ1.html
OK, I see the difference, but the current is not being changed by the switch in the amp--the voltage is what's being adjusted, and the current is a result, not an adjustment, and is dependent on other things (the headphones, for instance).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back