Meier Corda Move details released
Aug 15, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #1,008 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tantra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And, if low current operation provides more than enough power, then there will be no benefit of high current 12V DC operation with the 80Ω DT 770 PRO?

Correct. The amp will be current-limited and more voltage will not deliver more power.

Aug 15, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #1,009 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iced /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Low impedance headphones still need high current. They will not benefit from more voltage but from more current.

Yes and no. The availability of more current will enable the amp to deliver more power. In the case of the DT 770 PRO 80, their absolute maximum power handling capability is already achieved in low current mode so more current will not supply more power that they need in order to provide high sound quality. With other low impedance headphones possessing perhaps lower sensitivity and/or higher power handling capability, the benefit of more current and thus more power will likely make a noticeable impact on sound quality. The best judge of course is one's own ears to see which settings provide the best perceivable sound quality with one's particular headphones and source.

Aug 15, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #1,010 of 1,165
Thank you very much Tantra and koto-in, your advice has been very helpful. Since my 'phones (DT 770 Pro 80), theoretically won't benefit from anything more than the 5v a USB port can supply (that's correct, right?), i needn't have bought a 12v DC power supply. Bummer.

Also, since high current mode offers no benefit over low current mode (meaning the low current mode is more than enough for these 'phones), having it set to high current won't damage anything, will it?

Aug 15, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #1,011 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansize_tissue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you very much Tantra and koto-in, your advice has been very helpful. Since my 'phones (DT 770 Pro 80), theoretically won't benefit from anything more than the 5v a USB port can supply (that's correct, right?), i needn't have bought a 12v DC power supply. Bummer.

It's not a major expense and you might need it if you come into some new phones...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansize_tissue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, since high current mode offers no benefit over low current mode (meaning the low current mode is more than enough for these 'phones), having it set to high current won't damage anything, will it?

No. As long as it sounds good, you'll be alright.

Aug 16, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #1,013 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the Move actually have any On/Off feature? The only indication I have got is one that is built into the volume knob. I tried turning it all the way left but I did not try to turn it any harder lest I break the knob off.

Just turn the knob anti-clock wise until you hear a click. Not so hard is it?
wink.gif

Aug 16, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #1,016 of 1,165
Well, bad news. I'm sending my Move back to Jan because the source input jack is cutting in and out with barely a tap or nudge on the ALO cable. He's going to test the amp with the cable and see if he can fix it or have to replace it. He's been great to work with! I've only had the amp for a litte over a week and was in the middle of burn-in. Oh well. I will miss it while it's gone. I just had to tell someone who cares.

Aug 17, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #1,017 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJingles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, bad news. I'm sending my Move back to Jan because the source input jack is cutting in and out with barely a tap or nudge on the ALO cable. He's going to test the amp with the cable and see if he can fix it or have to replace it. He's been great to work with! I've only had the amp for a litte over a week and was in the middle of burn-in. Oh well. I will miss it while it's gone. I just had to tell someone who cares.

Sorry you are going through this, but Jan will make it right. The good thing is you have the Porta Corda MkIII, it is an excellent amp to tie you over untill you get your Move back.

Aug 17, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #1,018 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry you are going through this, but Jan will make it right. The good thing is you have the Porta Corda MkIII, it is an excellent amp to tie you over untill you get your Move back.

Yeah, he seems like a real good guy. The Porta Corda II is nice, but it's no Move. Thanks for the encouraging words.....I feel comforted
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #1,019 of 1,165
After picking up a pair of grado sr80s and enjoying them and subsequently lurking in these forums I decided to take the plunge and grab this amp. (Hi head-fi community!) It's been a wonderful experience this little amp. I had no idea a correctly setup headphone system could sound so great for so little money compared to a speaker system. I've simply fallen in love (and also was starting to wonder what a more pricey settup could do
evil_smiley.gif
)

Well here's where the heartbreak comes in. After about five days of intensely listening to this little marvel of an amp I pull it out of my crumbler bag and bam, no amplification. If I plug it in my powerbook still recognizes the DAC and the light goes red, but no music!
blink.gif
I'm so heartbroken and painstruck at the thought that I might have just thrown away 200+ bucks since nowhere on ttvj.com or in the manual was there any expressed warranty whatsover. I guess I just didn't think about it when I was buying it but how sad! Is all hope lost for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back