Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 20, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #556 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by sum1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my MOVE a couple of days ago and i have a Noob question for amp burn in :)

Do i need to plug in a headphone into it during burn in or do i i just need to run music through it? Do i also need to bring up the volume knob for burn in ???

Yes, you need headphones connected and a reasonable volume level. Burn in for at least 100 hours.

Jul 20, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #558 of 1,165
Not to stir up the controversy of a few months ago, but are there any pics of the inside? I'm just wondering what approximately is inside. The website says amplification is done by ad8610, but are these buffered or not?

Jul 20, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #559 of 1,165
Sorry.. can't seem to find if it was said earlier...

noob question:

what impedance range do you use to determine if it is low/high current or low/high gain?

What would be the recommended setting for DT 770/80 pros?

Jul 20, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #560 of 1,165
Two questions:

1. What is the consensus on the synergy of the Move with the HD650s? I'd be using it mainly with a 9-12v walwart+USB and occasionaly with just the USB in probably high gain/high current mode.

2. Is it recommended to get a straight 9 or 12v regulated power adapter over one that is also regulated but can pick voltages between 3-12 v? Not sure if it makes any difference.

Jul 20, 2007 at 8:55 AM Post #561 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by slattikarma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry.. can't seem to find if it was said earlier...

noob question:

what impedance range do you use to determine if it is low/high current or low/high gain?

What would be the recommended setting for DT 770/80 pros?

All phones will benefit from high current, but your battery will suffer. Use low current only when you want to save battery power.

Start with low gain and if it's not loud enough switch to high gain.

Jul 20, 2007 at 11:13 AM Post #562 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulvgm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Two questions:

1. What is the consensus on the synergy of the Move with the HD650s? I'd be using it mainly with a 9-12v walwart+USB and occasionaly with just the USB in probably high gain/high current mode.

2. Is it recommended to get a straight 9 or 12v regulated power adapter over one that is also regulated but can pick voltages between 3-12 v? Not sure if it makes any difference.

The MOVE sounds great with 650 in high gain/High current mode. You can always set the move to low current and then
when using the 650's plug it in to a 12v adapter and it will switch to hight current mode.

As long as the adapter is regulated and measures 12v +-.5 volts you will be fine.

Jul 20, 2007 at 11:27 AM Post #563 of 1,165
Just a quick update to my earlier post where I thought the Move was only a moderate improvement on my PowerBook's output. It's amazing what a bit of fiddling can do.

Like geting a 12V regulated 500mA power supply (Model M9272 from DSE if any Australians are interested). And switching to low gain mode.

Wow! The difference is now night and day between the amp and the Powerbook. Awesome.

Jul 20, 2007 at 12:51 PM Post #564 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to stir up the controversy of a few months ago, but are there any pics of the inside? I'm just wondering what approximately is inside. The website says amplification is done by ad8610, but are these buffered or not?

2 AD8610s (one for each channel).
lambda.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:24 PM Post #565 of 1,165
first sentiments: I received my Move yesterday. It is at about
12 hours of burn in. I really am somewhat astounded at the
s/q, soundstage and immersive quality of this amp. I had been using a Xenos 1HA-EPC since it was introduced and been very happy with it. Upon Skylab's recommendation, I gave the Move a shot. It is a marked improvement in every way of the Xenos (especially is size and fullness). Out of the box, and for some odd reason, my 650s (Zu cable) sound a bit better than my 701 (Moonaudio cable) but that is after the most cursory listening. As has been remarked earlier, the build quality is excellent. My only minor issue is the printed documentation. It is a bit vague, but adequate. As it breaks in, I am sure the 701s will find their "legs". Another minor issue is the volume. Out of a Nano with a Turbodock, the volume needs to hit 1-2:00 with the 701s, less so with the Sennheisers. But a minor quibble. Compliments to Dr. Meier and thanks to Skylab.

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #569 of 1,165
Got my move today!!!!

Ahh...

After selling my aria I have been suffering from crap audio quality from my computers headphone out.

Finally found the perfect product for me. I'm not like you guys with reviews. All I can say is the thing rocks.

I have only got 2 hours burn in time and it sounds amazing. I honestly can't tell the difference between this and the aria although it has been a long time since I had it and only using my cheap sr 60's still.

Planning on finally upgrading my headphones very very soon now.

This bass is addicting.

I had 0 luck with the adapter to plug this guy in. Went to radio shack first thing before even listening to it yet. Went in, all they had was a switchable adapter, which I heard was bad anyways but figured I would see what the output was and see if they even had an adapter that would fit.

Well we found the adapter piece that would fit, so we moved onto testing it. They were very nice about it and opened multimeter off the shelve to try it out. But me being clueless about it and them too apparently we couldn't get it to read properly. So after all that, they didn't even know how to check the voltage is was putting out.

I wasn't supposed to get a switchable one anyways right? What should I do now?

I knew this was going to turn into a big mess for me as I'm very clueless when it comes to electronics.

Also on the manual it says make sure its a DC and AC, this was AC to DC is that right?

Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm not hooking anything up to my baby till I know its safe.

Jul 21, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #570 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuatara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate this thread.
It prompted me to get a Move which was going to be my last amp purchase.
However I like the Move so much I've just ordered an Opera Analog
eek.gif

There are many times when I tell myself I must stop visiting Headfi so much.

Hi tuatara

I dont know if you posted your impressions already elsewhere, but could you comment a little about the sound of the Move with your Audio Technica AD2000?

Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back