Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 18, 2007 at 10:47 AM Post #481 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody has ideas the time it takes to fully burn in the MOVE and the time marks that the amp shows major changes and the changes (like punchy bass, better image, ..., etc)? I want these data to train my ears.

After 20 hours, you can hear the difference and start to improve.

Jul 18, 2007 at 10:49 AM Post #482 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerstud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just need a little bit more push

Didn't you read skylab's comparison of 23 (number keeps rising) portable amps? He has pretty much all portable amps on that list, some alot more expensive than Move. Move is #1 in his list
wink.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 11:37 AM Post #484 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flasken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't you read skylab's comparison of 23 (number keeps rising) portable amps? He has pretty much all portable amps on that list, some alot more expensive than Move. Move is #1 in his list
wink.gif

FOTM hard at work I'd say
wink.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #485 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A simple way to test how crossfeed works is to play a track with audio on only on side. I created a 300hz test tone which plays on the left channe only:
http://rapidshare.com/files/43568614/crossfeed-test.mp3

If you listen to it without crossfeed it's on the left side only. But when you switch crossfeed on, the tone "moves" more to the center. Just give it a try, and you will instantly see that crossfeed works
600smile.gif

Thanks for the file rhymesgalore. Yeah the crossfeed works just fine on my MOVE using that file. I guess i just didn't expect the subtleness of the crossfeed
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 12:51 PM Post #486 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerstud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I just got a k701 (I haven't even touch it yet). Don't know why I bought it, since I'm never gonna even use it.
plainface.gif

I guess someone with a K701 will post impressions soon to give you a final shot...
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #487 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by sum1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the file rhymesgalore. Yeah the crossfeed works just fine on my MOVE using that file. I guess i just didn't expect the subtleness of the crossfeed
biggrin.gif

In Jan's earlier products the crossfeed has 3 levels- low, mid, and high. I guess most people, including me, use low crossfeed mode most often. Therefore when Jan had his mkII products in market only low crossfeed mode remained.

Jul 18, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #488 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

I'd say that after reviewing more than 25 portable amps, and having a number of very good amps on hand to directly compare the MOVE to, that my review has NOTHING to do with "FOTM", or it being new.

Jul 18, 2007 at 1:57 PM Post #490 of 1,165
I'm getting seriously interested in this little wonder. At this moment I'm actually saving for a desktop-amp (+DAC) and I wonder if the Move could be a worthy - and cheap - alternative. I would like to use it with my CD-player and my PC. I have no experience whatsoever with HP-amps btw.

A couple questions:
1) Can you hook up the Move to a CD-player? If so, what sort of cable do you need?

2) Is a 12V AC Adaptor a major improvement with regards to SQ when using a high impedance HP? (I have a Beyer DT 990, 05 with 250 Ohm)

3) Can it drive my headphone to a fairly loud volume? I'm mostly listening at rather loud volumes.

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #491 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flasken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FOTM refers to group mentality, not a single reviewers opinion.

Fair enough, although if you look at your post, that certainly didn't seem to be what you were saying. In any case, the MOVE is, IMO, deserving of its growing fan base.

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #492 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Fool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A couple questions:
1) Can you hook up the Move to a CD-player? If so, what sort of cable do you need?

You would need a RCA to 3.5mm stereo cable.

Quote:

2) Is a 12V AC Adaptor a major improvement with regards to SQ when using a high impedance HP? (I have a Beyer DT 990, 05 with 250 Ohm)

It provides a little more headroom on the volume control. Power=amplification. It helps with my HD650s and I'd expect your DT990s to behave the same. You'll probably want to set the amp to high gain.

Quote:

3) Can it drive my headphone to a fairly loud volume? I'm mostly listening at rather loud volumes.

Probably high enough to prematurely end your headphone career with extended use. I measured my Denon D2000 at 93dB with whitenoise.

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #493 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

What's not to like about this product? Sounds great, has DAC support, solidly built, and sold at a very reasonable price point so it has great value.

Unless someone releases a drastically improved/new amp design (always possible), I think the Move is going to be leading this segment while the other manufacturers catch up. The Xin Reference sounds like it will play in this area minus a few features and at a higher price. We will see/hear what it can do in a few months.

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:32 PM Post #494 of 1,165
Thanks for the quick reply, Itsborken! I see that Dr Meier offers a RCA to 3.5 mm cable at a reasonable price. So I only need to find a decent 12V AC adaptor. A quick search learns me that some websites sell such adaptors for about €6, are these good - and especially stable - enough for the Move? Or is it better/safer to choose a more expensive adaptor?

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #495 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Fool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the quick reply, Itsborken! I see that Dr Meier offers a RCA to 3.5 mm cable at a reasonable price. So I only need to find a decent 12V AC adaptor. A quick search learns me that some websites sell such adaptors for about €6, are these good - and especially stable - enough for the Move? Or is it better/safer to choose a more expensive adaptor?

Make sure it is regulated. It will say regulated on the web page and Dr. Meier recommends between 200ma and 500ma of current.

You will also need to find a tip for the ac adapter. See the specifications earlier in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back