Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 18, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #466 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crossfeed is subtle. Listen to a bunch of different recordings and switch back and forth. You'll eventually pick up the difference.

Hmm... Subtle heh. Maybe i need to try it with another headphone since i am currently still at the office using it with ksc-75 only :)

I'm assuming the crossfeed switch takes effect as soon as its toggled right?

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #467 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by sum1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm... Subtle heh. Maybe i need to try it with another headphone since i am currently still at the office using it with ksc-75 only :)

I'm assuming the crossfeed switch takes effect as soon as its toggled right?

Yes, the crossfeed mode is immediately on after you switch it. The effect is more noticeable in the lower frequency range.

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #468 of 1,165
Try some songs that you know to have 100% stereo seperation. This is what the crossfeed was made for - if you flick the switch while a sound is playing only in one of the earpieces, you will easily notice the source of the sound moving a bit forward, and becoming less annoying.

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #470 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerstud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just need a little bit more push

As you wish- push [size=small]push[/size] [size=large]push[/size] [size=xx-large]push[/size]

icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

After listening intensively for weeks, I found one strange thing- for some recordings I prefer K501+MOVE to HD650+Prehead...
confused.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #471 of 1,165
Right now I'm trying to change the gain on my MOVE, but am having trouble removing the faceplate. I removed the front 2 screws, but its it feels like something is still holding it back firmly. I don't want to break anything. Also, the manual says to remove the PCB in addition to the front plate. Whats a PCB?
confused.gif
Any suggestions to remove it would be much appreciated. I would hate to mess this thing up.

edit: i took the back plate off just for kicks and it was really easy. frontplate not budging. anyone had this problem?

Jul 18, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #472 of 1,165
I just received my MOVE. It sounds good out of the box.

Anybody has ideas the time it takes to fully burn in the MOVE and the time marks that the amp shows major changes and the changes (like punchy bass, better image, ..., etc)? I want these data to train my ears.

Thanks.

Jul 18, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #473 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
edit: i took the back plate off just for kicks and it was really easy. frontplate not budging. anyone had this problem?

I didn't have a problem opening up mine. Is the printed circuit board in the 'channel' when you look at the back opening? What happens if you apply light pressure to the circuit board from the back--does it start to slide forwards?

Jul 18, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #474 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't have a problem opening up mine. Is the printed circuit board in the 'channel' when you look at the back opening? What happens if you apply light pressure to the circuit board from the back--does it start to slide forwards?

At first that didnt help, so I (daringly, probably stupidly) got a knife and pryed the front plate a little bit, then pushed from the back, a little more prying, finally came loose and in one piece. thanks for the suggestion.

Jul 18, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #475 of 1,165
Quote:

At first that didnt help, so I (daringly, probably stupidly) got a knife and pryed the front plate a little bit, then pushed from the back, a little more prying, finally came loose and in one piece. thanks for the suggestion.

Glad you got it apart and intact.

Jul 18, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #476 of 1,165
Low gain works really well with iems. No channel imbalance at low volumes anymore. UM1s + bass = not bad at all.

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #477 of 1,165
Quote:

Low gain works really well with iems. No channel imbalance at low volumes anymore. UM1s + bass = not bad at all.

Why must you torture me?
When you said that it had channel imbalance, my wallet was thanking you. Then you post the above statement..... To be honest, I don't even listen to music. I probably listen about 2 hours a week.
frown.gif

But I just got a k701 (I haven't even touch it yet). Don't know why I bought it, since I'm never gonna even use it.
plainface.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:36 AM Post #478 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerstud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be honest, I don't even listen to music. I probably listen about 2 hours a week.
frown.gif

Sir, I am from Headphone Protective Services. In the best interest of your headphones I'm going to have to claim custody of them for the State. We will shelter them and give you one week visitation for every 19 weeks in our custody until this abherent behavior ceases.
icon10.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 8:41 AM Post #480 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by sum1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just got my Move as well but i think my crossfeed is not working since i cant hear any difference :frowning2: oh no i think mine is broken out of the box.

A simple way to test how crossfeed works is to play a track with audio on only on side. I created a 300hz test tone which plays on the left channe only:
http://rapidshare.com/files/43568614/crossfeed-test.mp3

If you listen to it without crossfeed it's on the left side only. But when you switch crossfeed on, the tone "moves" more to the center. Just give it a try, and you will instantly see that crossfeed works
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back