Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 16, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #452 of 1,165
Shipped 7/12 arrived 7/16 in NJ. I was just today planning for it's arrival in another 6 days and here it is.
Completly derailed my house work. Good thing the wife and kids are at the beach
wink.gif

Any way my favorite bass track (John Scofield's Kool) is really kicking with my HD650 right out of the box. Just plugged it in to my MBP and started some iTunage.

Ahh time for a little Micheal Brecker (may he rest in peace).

I usually don't impulse buy but for the price and the glowing review Skylab did I just could not help myself.

After listening for just 20 minutes two things are apparent:
This tiny box has a big sound and it's a keeper.

Thanks for the great review Skylab and let the burn in begin........

Jul 17, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #453 of 1,165
I noticed that on my um1s, there is quite a bit of channel imbalance at the lowest levels. With a line out and then the volume on the move turned all the way down, it still plays. The volume on stablizes at a little past 8 o'clock, which is moderately loud. Just a headups for anyone looking to use the move with very sensitive iems primarily. If you like your music very soft, this could be a problem. If you listen at a decent level, its fine.

Jul 17, 2007 at 1:01 PM Post #456 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed that on my um1s, there is quite a bit of channel imbalance at the lowest levels. With a line out and then the volume on the move turned all the way down, it still plays. The volume on stablizes at a little past 8 o'clock, which is moderately loud. Just a headups for anyone looking to use the move with very sensitive iems primarily. If you like your music very soft, this could be a problem. If you listen at a decent level, its fine.

Did you use low gain? If not, that might help for low Z cans or IEMs.

Jul 17, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #457 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by zatara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shipped 7/12 arrived 7/16 in NJ. I was just today planning for it's arrival in another 6 days and here it is.
Completly derailed my house work. Good thing the wife and kids are at the beach
wink.gif

Any way my favorite bass track (John Scofield's Kool) is really kicking with my HD650 right out of the box. Just plugged it in to my MBP and started some iTunage.

Ahh time for a little Micheal Brecker (may he rest in peace).

I usually don't impulse buy but for the price and the glowing review Skylab did I just could not help myself.

After listening for just 20 minutes two things are apparent:
This tiny box has a big sound and it's a keeper.

Thanks for the great review Skylab and let the burn in begin........

I thought the same thing. When my Hornet deal went sour, I immediately ordered another amp, and it just so happenned to be the Move after Skylab said it trumps the Hornets Bass impact. Which is mainly what I was getting a hornet for, is the reknown RSA impact/punch.

Mine was ordered and I got an eMail back from Jan on July 11th, Wednesday at 3pm EST (which is 10pm in Germany) saying it would be shipped out 1st thing in the morning(Thursday). I also live on the East Coast (obviously from the time, lol), and most norther point in Florida, Jacksonville, so I'm hoping for it soon.

Mine hasn't arrived yet...I'm not expecting it to arrive early, but if it does(how the hell did yours arrive so fast???)...I'm screwed, cause I'll likely get nothing done.

But wierder things have happenned. Somebody sent me a MO from SoCal 1st class mail...I got it the next day according to the post date on the stamp. Musta got mixed in with the overnight mail, or somebody was being real nice. Oh, if only that could happen more often.

Jul 17, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #458 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the same thing. When my Hornet deal went sour, I immediately ordered another amp, and it just so happenned to be the Move after Skylab said it trumps the Hornets Bass impact. Which is mainly what I was getting a hornet for, is the reknown RSA impact/punch.

Mine was ordered and I got an eMail back from Jan on July 11th, Wednesday at 3pm EST (which is 10pm in Germany) saying it would be shipped out 1st thing in the morning(Thursday). I also live on the East Coast (obviously from the time, lol), and most norther point in Florida, Jacksonville, so I'm hoping for it soon.

Mine hasn't arrived yet...I'm not expecting it to arrive early, but if it does(how the hell did yours arrive so fast???)...I'm screwed, cause I'll likely get nothing done.

But wierder things have happenned. Somebody sent me a MO from SoCal 1st class mail...I got it the next day according to the post date on the stamp. Musta got mixed in with the overnight mail, or somebody was being real nice. Oh, if only that could happen more often.

Nobody was more suprsed than I was. It is a fun little amp. Hope your's comes soon.

Jul 17, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #459 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by klemchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you use low gain? If not, that might help for low Z cans or IEMs.

ah i forgot that default is high gain. yeah i havent had time to tinker with that but ill hopefully try tonight. thanks for the suggestion

well ive gotten used to the crossfeed and now i like it a lot. slightly smaller soundstage but everything sounds so much more natural and airier.

Jul 17, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #460 of 1,165
And about the DAC > i don`t really know, why there is no option to replace or order the move with some better DAC ... it would be a nice upgrade

- The onboard DAC is very good and is well-matched to the amp's abilities IMO.
- It would be extremely difficult to have a second PCB for the DAC on a device this small. Would make it bigger, possibly more components, which means less battery life.
- The points above explain why I can't think of ANY portable pocket-sized amp with multiple DAC options.

Jul 17, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #461 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerstud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems like the consensus is that the Move has great synergy with AKG K701. Am I correct in stating this?
I can't decide whether to pair my K701 with the move or a nice tube amp. I don't particularly like to have an external DAC and external AMP. Too many plugs.

I just received my Move with a pair of K701s today. This is actually my first serious set of headphones I´ve ever purchased...and I´ve not even owned a headphone amp before. Nonetheless...they sound great together...even right out of the box. Even if I´m a beginner in this field of hi-fi...I still think I have good judgement and good ears. If you decide to get the Move I think/hope you will be satisfied.

Jul 18, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #462 of 1,165
I just received my Corda Move and am really impressed with it right out of the box. With an ALO Cotton Dock to my iPod, it certainly brings the iPod to a whole new level. My E4Cs sound much better than before, and paired with my K271s, it doesn't fall too far behind my home setup. Don't get me wrong, a Singlepower Extreme and K340s sound better than the portable setup, but I certainly won't miss that setup as much when I am travelling.

Jul 18, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #463 of 1,165
I'm yet another person who just got his Move
wink.gif

I came from a Porta Corda mk2, and after just 12 hours of burn in, the difference is already very noticable - finally I feel like I am really tapping into the potential of my imod. There is a clear improvement in the low frequency as well as treble, indeed it seems there is an overall improvement in detail across all frequencies - yet at the same time there is a really amazing improvement in the overall perceived smoothness of the sound. This is just listening through my aging beyer DT-250 - the scaling of which repeatedly surprises me - but I am in the process of acquiring a pair of Livewires to really complete my perfect portable setup. When I get those I might just do a deeper comparison of the PC mk2 and the Move, as I have a feeling that more people are considering upgrading from that to Move than from the MkIII.

The usb dac is treating me really well too, as is the crossfeed. Meier has really improved the latter since mkII, yet I still percieve some loss in bass and overall fullness of sound when I turn it on. Still, I pretty much prefer it for any song that features 100% stereo seperation now, definately far more usable now.

Yeah and I know this has been said before, but this amp is seriously built like an absolute tank. Almost feels like overkill - I removed the PCB to enable low gain mode, and the weight of the empty case dwarfed that of the internals
smily_headphones1.gif
Still, it really feels good to have such a solid device, plus it's always nice with a spare murder weapon, AMIRITE!??

Jul 18, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #465 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by sum1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just got my Move as well but i think my crossfeed is not working since i cant hear any difference :frowning2: oh no i think mine is broken out of the box.

Crossfeed is subtle. Listen to a bunch of different recordings and switch back and forth. You'll eventually pick up the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back