Meier Corda Move details released
Jun 27, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #106 of 1,165
http://support.radioshack.com/suppor.../pwrgde-2H.htm

It seems they don't carry 1.3 mm ID/3.8 mm OD cord plugs... Will the 1.3/3.4 one fit?

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Jun 27, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #107 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They use different opamps. Based on the case size, I'd assume the PCB is somewhat smaller. Someone said the crossfeed has changed. I feeling in this case of MkIII vs Move different may be better for some people, not better for others. If you wanted a little more bass out of your amp, Move might be just the ticket.

The MkIII can be powered by USB only too.

Excellent, thanks.

Jun 27, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #108 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by alias71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Senny-ftw,
what do you use to power your Move?

I found a 12vdc regulated 500mA wall wart at Jameco Electronics (nobody laugh). Unfortunately it means reterminating the barrel plug with a 1.3mm connector (minor solder job). Don't care for adjustable PS, with my luck I'd tap the voltage/polarity sliders and blow up the amp. If Dr. Meier recommends a regulated PS I'm not one to argue.

I *think* the parts are:
Jameco#162996 PS regulated, linear
Jameco#71192 plug

PLEASE don't order from this unless you look at the parts descriptions online vs. Jan's Move manual and know what you are doing. I may have ordered the wrong parts and don't want you to pay for my mistake too. In any event, they should arrive around the end of the week/weekend and I'll let you know if it works or not.

Jun 27, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #111 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone using this unit as a USB DAC? I'm contemplating replacing my Bithead with one of these. It's hard to find DAC/amps that can be powered solely off USB.

I'm using it via USB and it is a great improvement on the soundcard. Much more weight and presence. It drives Senn HD650 with ease.

The great thing about the power is that if you have no battery, it automatically takes power from the USB (5V). If you have a battery inserted, it uses 9V (automatically) and if you use a power supply, it uses that instead so the potential for headroom is far better.

Ian

Jun 27, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #112 of 1,165
My MOVE just arrived today, it sounds great. The aluminum case is built robust since it doesn't have any scratch or damage when it dropped from my desk from about 3 ft height with the iPod (no carpet on the ground). I used a 12V adapter, initially I noticed that the treble is very open, detail and natural, the mid is detail and warm, the bass is in good quality and deep. One more finding similar as Corda Opera, the background seems very quiet and clean especially when listening unplugged music. Very impressive. Let me see how is the improvement after run-in.

Jun 27, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #114 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by senny-ftw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes - it does. I should have thought of this earlier - the Move has a gain setting which should be set to 'low' for low impedance headphones such as these. MS1s are a lot better at this setting - much closer to MKIII.

That turned out to be my issue with the proline 750/D2000s too. They are sounding a lot better now. Thanks for the root cause analysis
tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #116 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by nautikal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long did it take you guys for your Move to arrive?

Less than 10 days mostly.

Jun 27, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #117 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManAtWork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My MOVE just arrived today, it sounds great. The aluminum case is built robust since it doesn't have any scratch or damage when it dropped from my desk from about 3 ft height with the iPod (no carpet on the ground). I used a 12V adapter, initially I noticed that the treble is very open, detail and natural, the mid is detail and warm, the bass is in good quality and deep. One more finding similar as Corda Opera, the background seems very quiet and clean especially when listening unplugged music. Very impressive. Let me see how is the improvement after run-in.

Glad you are happy with it. I think Bob Marley would approve of the bass.

Jun 27, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #118 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad you are happy with it. I think Bob Marley would approve of the bass.

It seems the MOVE can synergy with the UM-2 very well, better than the E500.

Remark later: the sound with E500 becomes excellent which is airy and open in treble, further deep in bass; after 40 hours burn-in. At this stage, E500 sounds better than UM2 slightly.

Jun 27, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #119 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by PbR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should the gain be set to low for the MS1 irrespective of the power used - USB, 9v, 12v?

The amp automatically switches to high current mode with an external power source.

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #120 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using it via USB and it is a great improvement on the soundcard. Much more weight and presence. It drives Senn HD650 with ease.

The great thing about the power is that if you have no battery, it automatically takes power from the USB (5V). If you have a battery inserted, it uses 9V (automatically) and if you use a power supply, it uses that instead so the potential for headroom is far better.

Ian

Thanks for the info on the DAC iancraig10. Hmm.. this products looks very tempting for me. Did anyone here ever try this with A900 or other Audio Technica's phone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back