Meier Corda CLASSIC: Impressions!!
Sep 18, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #16 of 24
The classic is getting a little long in the tooth, I wonder if there will be an updated model sometime soon? 

If it ain't broke… The Classic does what is says it does, provide clean amplification of music at a quality seen in amps triple the price. Why change that?

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #17 of 24
My review is up for the Corda Classic and the DACORD on Headphone.guru

http://headphone.guru/meier-audio-corda-classic-daccord/

Feb 26, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #19 of 24
I currently own the Meier Corda Arietta and I like it sound. I see the Classic has some nice features, I was wondering about some other differences, I assume for one the Classic has more power. I may purchase Alpha Primes would either of the two amps work well the Primes?

Thanks Bob

Nov 20, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #20 of 24
I currently own the Meier Corda Arietta and I like it sound. I see the Classic has some nice features, I was wondering about some other differences, I assume for one the Classic has more power. I may purchase Alpha Primes would either of the two amps work well the Primes?

Thanks Bob

I do not have Arietta,only Classic

But my Alpha Prime definitely sing very well with Classic using high gain.

Mar 18, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #21 of 24
I didn't see a thread, so I thought I'd make one.

My Corda Classic just came in the mail today, and I've listened to it for around 3 hours, I have to say so far this a great sounding amplifier, and a very small one at that!

Bumping this thread... Purchased a used Corda Classic a few months ago and find it to be a very nice sounding headphone amplifier.
I agree with those who state that the Classic's sound signature is neutral and that it simply gets out of the way and allows the music
in.

Thanks for building such a musical product, Jan! 😀

Jun 10, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #22 of 24
Has anyone tried the Meier Classic with HD650s yet? I'm rather interested in this amp and would like to know whether or not the two would compliment each other.

-Evan

Recently purchased a used Meier Corda Classic so I am resurrecting this thread. I have used the Classic with several headphones, including the Sennheiser HD6XX (massdrop version of the HD650). I have to say that the Classic's retrieval of detail is very impressive. Especially when implementing the crossfeed feature. It sounds quite good with my HD6XX, HD600, AKG K240 Sextett, Fostex T60RP and Hifiman HE4XX.

Jun 10, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #23 of 24
Recently purchased a used Meier Corda Classic so I am resurrecting this thread. I have used the Classic with several headphones, including the Sennheiser HD6XX (massdrop version of the HD650). I have to say that the Classic's retrieval of detail is very impressive. Especially when implementing the crossfeed feature. It sounds quite good with my HD6XX, HD600, AKG K240 Sextett, Fostex T60RP and Hifiman HE4XX.

You should try it with some discrete opamps. Major upgrade to soundstaging and clarity. I recommend Sparkos Labs SS3601 as they can tolerate the 18v being fed to them.

Jun 10, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #24 of 24
You should try it with some discrete opamps. Major upgrade to soundstaging and clarity. I recommend Sparkos Labs SS3601 as they can tolerate the 18v being fed to them.
Thanks for the info! Since I bought this Classic used I am not sure if it is stock or already upgraded. I'll have to check when I get some time. It does sound quite good though. I also really like the cross feed function since it has proven to be very useful on many recordings.

Attachments

• IMG_20230610_110849.jpg
    IMG_20230610_110849.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back