Meier Corda, Audeze Deckard, or Matrix M-stage
Jul 9, 2017 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Cornu Ammonis

New Head-Fier
I'm trying to decide between the Corda Classic FF, Corda Jazz FF, Audeze Deckard, or the Matrix M-Stage HPA-3U that the Deckard is based on. I have Hifiman HE-500s and Noble Djangos, but I have an Oppo HA-2SE for the latter and that I would use as a DAC for the models listed above with no built-in DAC. I'm currently using a JDS labs O2 that I bought in 2011 (I think) and I'd like some more headroom and the pride of ownership of something a bit more technically advanced.

I'm a bit confused about the fact that the Deckard has a higher output impedance than the Matrix and that the THD and SNR are a bit worse for it despite it having better parts, but I'm not immune to the Deckard's nicer enclosure.

I'm also open to other suggestions - for example, I spent the better part of the week looking at ifi products, but I'm concerned about the QA of the micro iCan and the fact that the iDSD is class AB and possibly doesn't output as much power as is nominal.

Jul 9, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #3 of 4
I don't mind at all; I had actually considered that but only if (when?) I get an HE-6 as a package, otherwise it just seems a little impractical since it's so big. If I could find some 'scope measurements of it I'd feel more comfortable.

Jul 10, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #4 of 4
I'm trying to decide between the Corda Classic FF, Corda Jazz FF, Audeze Deckard, or the Matrix M-Stage HPA-3U that the Deckard is based on. I have Hifiman HE-500s and Noble Djangos, but I have an Oppo HA-2SE for the latter and that I would use as a DAC for the models listed above with no built-in DAC. I'm currently using a JDS labs O2 that I bought in 2011 (I think) and I'd like some more headroom and the pride of ownership of something a bit more technically advanced.

I'm a bit confused about the fact that the Deckard has a higher output impedance than the Matrix and that the THD and SNR are a bit worse for it despite it having better parts, but I'm not immune to the Deckard's nicer enclosure.

If you want technically advanced then go with the Meiers - those two amps have a high-tech volume control. THD+N are comparable to the O2, but the Classic has higher output in case you actually need that power. They also have low output impedance.

I'm also open to other suggestions - for example, I spent the better part of the week looking at ifi products, but I'm concerned about the QA of the micro iCan and the fact that the iDSD is class AB and possibly doesn't output as much power as is nominal.

It has just under 1w at 32ohms, not that much less than the Jazz. Power isn't linear though so not sure how much it still has for 300ohm and 600ohm loads, but still not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back