Meier Audio Provides Gear for First Head-Fi Auction!
Apr 5, 2003 at 9:15 PM Post #16 of 25
I was just trying to give other members a better choice, than an eBay auction, with less competition, I think that we could auction them here, in the for sale forum, and set a reserve or an initial price, and we will get the same results or even better, as will be no eBays fees asociated (another saving for us), but eBay is good and a valid option too, of course I have nothing against eBay, I've gotten a lot of stuff there. Particularly I was not interested in any of the items offered for auction, unless an HA-2 show up.

Sorry, I almost forgot the most important thing here, to thanks Dr. Meier for the donation, we really apreciate that, two thumbs up!!!
wink.gif
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2003 at 9:29 PM Post #17 of 25
Thanks for the kindness and support Jan!

I vote for eBay, as well.. as forum auctions are a nightmare. While there may be fees associated with eBay or other auction services, they have the infrastructure to host such a thing, and in the case of eBay, have the exposure to be able to drive the prices up.. And the more money that comes in, the better..

Just my two cents, anyway

Apr 19, 2003 at 11:24 PM Post #20 of 25
I know this might be impractical, but it would be fun to see at least one Porta Corda auctioned off on a thread on Head-fi. Of course, the bidders' sig names couldn't be kept private, but that would be part of the fun.

Apr 20, 2003 at 6:36 AM Post #21 of 25
The only way you could do it Scrypt, is for all 'bids' to be PM'd to a moderator (don't look at me, my PM box is bursting at the seams!
wink.gif
) who would obviously then have a visual log of times of all bids and their names, and it would also be then kept private, albeit a running total kept within the auction thread...

feasible... but I also think ebay would be cool, if it brought more awareness to this 'topic' to people who don't know of this forum but have an active interest
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2003 at 7:49 PM Post #22 of 25
Duncan, seriously, I have to know who that girl is in your avatar.

And in keeping with the thread topic thanks Jan, and i think Ebay auctions are the best since the whole point is to raise money for the forum!

May 11, 2003 at 3:03 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by beastie
i would like to know too.

wanna get one of those DIY kits!
biggrin.gif

I won't say this out loud because when sombody who visits this page and tells my girlfriend, I'm in big ****.

Peter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back