Meier-Audio Interconnects
Jul 18, 2003 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Hiker

500+ Head-Fier
Are the Meier-Audio interconnects new? I just noticed them on the website for a decent price. I was just wondering if anyone has tried them out yet.

Hiker

Jul 18, 2003 at 11:35 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Hiker
Are the Meier-Audio interconnects new?

They're pretty new, about 8-10 weeks I'd guess.

I responded to a few questions about these ICs on the first page of this this Head-Fi thread (regarding their use with the CORDA CROSS-1).

Just to reiterate, IMHO these are very nice interconnects indeed.

About the only thing I can think to add is that the maximum outside diameter of their RCA plug (headshell) is ~14mm. However, the knurled sleeve on these plugs can be slid forward or backward. And so by staggering the sleeves, it's possible to reduce their effective diameter somewhat for tight installations.

For comparison, the maximum outside diameter of the popular Outlaw PCA interconnect plugs are ~13mm.

TravelLite

Jul 20, 2003 at 8:02 PM Post #3 of 15
I'll add that Dr.Meier must have done extensive research in designing these cables.They sound very good with every component I have tried them with.Even my SET tube gear sounds great with the Meier ICs.This is not any easy feat and is rarely done right.I say they are worth strong consideration if you are looking for an interconnect upgrade.

Jul 21, 2003 at 11:14 PM Post #4 of 15
Dear Headfellows,

"Dr.Meier must have done extensive research in designing these cables."

Not of the scientific kind. Simply build interconnects from various cables and used my ears to pick the best one. The Neutrik plugs were choosen because they're simply very good and nonetheless aren't too expensive. They also make assembly relatively easy.

" They sound very good with every component I have tried them with."

:-D

Jan

Jul 22, 2003 at 12:22 AM Post #5 of 15
Yeah jan, i was going to ask about your choice of plugs, and see if there was any reason that you didn't choose a copper or silver base plug over a brass-base plug.

Sep 20, 2003 at 4:13 AM Post #7 of 15
I have a pair for review. I want to listen to them for a week or so before I make any statements.

Sep 21, 2003 at 12:10 AM Post #8 of 15
looking forwad for your review john, as im now in the market for ICs in the 100 range.

Jan M,

Why dont you have a meier-audio forum like headroom in the "sponsors forum"?

Sep 21, 2003 at 10:32 AM Post #10 of 15
Dear Tortie,

> Why dont you have a meier-audio forum like headroom in the "sponsors forum"?

Simple, Meier-Audio is a small company and a sponsor forum costs money. Moreover, people who have a question can always contact me directly.

Cheers,

Jan

Oct 12, 2003 at 2:52 AM Post #12 of 15
Give me a few days. Things got very hectic at work and I have not had time to finish my review.

Oct 15, 2003 at 2:18 PM Post #13 of 15
Nice to see that Jan thinks highly of the Tech+Link "Mini to 2xRCA"-cable. I bought one about a year ago, because it just looked sturdy; apparently it was a good buy!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 1:58 PM Post #15 of 15
I just ordered two pairs of these. I hope they are still considered as good as they were 4 years ago! I paid 90 euro per cable as I bought an Opera last week.

TBH I wasn't sure what to do and plumped for the same brand as the amp. There are far to many cables out there to be able to make a blind and perfect choice at a reasonable price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back