Meier Audio Corda Opera Cable recommendation!
Sep 4, 2008 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Callas

Head-Fier
Hi,

I've searched about Opera a lot and I found people upgrading their power cord and cables. I'm soon getting the Opera (yay!) and I need to get the analog output cable and the DAC connector. (or can I just use the normal? USB connector for DAC???) Upgrading the cables REALLY change the performance of the amp that much? (I mean I have no doubt about it but still not THAT sure if it is worth spending $$$ on analog output cable and power cord for the Opera so...) Could you experts recommend me some? What's a great quality cables to get and where can I get them? I'm in NYC so it'll be nice if any of you guys know the local places to get them. (or internet of course!) Thank you always~!
beerchug.gif

Sep 5, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Callas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for your answer ^.^;; Anyone else???

Hi Maria,
I agree with the others that the power cord doesn't matter much. If you want to feel good without wasting money, you may consider getting a hospital-grade cord (search in this forum for possible brands like Qualia). If you want to spend money on power tweaks and haven't got a power conditioner, I would look into that first (again search the forums, e.g. for OneAC) which would also have the advantage of better protecting your investment.

If you are going to use the internal DAC via USB, the cable Jan puts in the box is just fine.

Analog ICs (to your speaker amp?) are a different story: even I can hear the difference between a rat shack Gold IC, the Kimber PBJ I used in the past, and the Magwire ICs I use now. My recommendation is to start cheap (<$100) and try several brands until you find the one that sounds right for you. Since Magwire seems to have gone out of business, perhaps you may want to look into Blue Jeans cables, or Kimber, or even better into building your own IC...

Sep 10, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #8 of 10
I found the Opera to be quite sensitive to power cords, and changing the interconnect cables can change/improve the sound. Don't really want to recommend anything though, best go try a few yourself to see if you hear a difference, but I'd probably start with well-known reputable brands, like Audioquest for interconnects.

Sep 10, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #10 of 10
I had owned Corda Opera for almost a year and found power cord can change the Opera sound too. (but sure.. it's not like day and night)

I used the VD Power3 for the powercord and Nordost Red Dawn for the IC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back