Meier Arietta or something else?
Jan 30, 2009 at 12:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

wovenhand

1000+ Head-Fier
I've come to the conclusion that getting the Rudistor NX-03 isn't really doable at the moment, and decided to get something (SS) at about $400 max.
The only other SS amp I've owned is the Gilmore Lite, and though it was definetely a good solid amp, I ultimately found it a little bit boring with my HD650's and sold it.

I've read many great things about the Meier Arietta, but at the same time I read that many prefer the Gilmore Lite. Funny thing is, I mostly read "the general consensus is that the GLite is preferred over the Arietta", however I haven't really seen any comparative reviews on this.
The price of the Arietta is pretty unbeatable I must say. It's almost half what the Gilmore Lite costs and I haven't really seen any other amps going for a mere ~€200.

The cans it would be used with is in my sig. I also see a ATH-AD2000, HD600 and perhaps the ESW9 in my future.

Jan 31, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #2 of 6
popcorn.gif

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #3 of 6
Hello.

I have an Arietta (actually my wife pinched it but I think I told you that tragic story...) and it's absolutely fabulous except that it struggles a bit to get there with my fussy AKG K501s. Still gorgeous, and I listen to very detailed music, but if you're looking for raw wallop, it might run out of steam. If you're going to go for some notoriously difficult headphones, maybe consider something with more punch. That said, the Arietta is very very hard to go past for the $$$ asked.

I just bought a Yulong UA188 from AudiophileChina (cheapo!) and it's probably not what you're after but it's got more output than the Arietta.

Cheers from sunny, warm New Zealand
Don

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #5 of 6
If you watch www.rockhopperaudio.com or the for sales you might come across an M3 ($375). I have one and it is definitely not light on power or clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back