Megadeth's Best Lead Guitar Player?
Dec 2, 2008 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13
Who is/was the Megadeth's Best Lead Guitar Player?
We consider the 1980s, 1990s and the 2000s.

30.jpg

David Mustaine

MartyFriedman00785.jpg

Marty Friedman

Have
beerchug.gif
and
popcorn.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #4 of 13
marTAY!

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #5 of 13
Well, I voted for Dave, since he IS the 'deth. Not to mention another certain band's material started going downhill once they ran out of songs without Mustaine credits.

That said, if you are asking which "other" deth guitarist was the best sidekick to Dave, it has to be Marty. Not only did the band record far and away its' best album with him, Marty has produced a ton of great music both before and after his stint in Megadeth.

As great as Chris Poland was in the band's early history, and as much as I love what Broderick has done for so long in Jag Panzer, neither quite measures up to Marty in my book.

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #6 of 13
Marty, no contest.

Glen Drover had a pretty good performance in United Abominations, i'll give him props for that. I'm eager to hear what Chris Broderick brings to the table for Megadeth's next studio album, his works in Jag Panzer and as a live guitarist for Nevermore are awesome!

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #7 of 13
Glen Drover was rather poor, I got embarrassed seeing him perform Tornado of Souls. And his performance in UA was one of the reasons why I never really liked that album. He's certainly nowhere near the class of the other Megadeth guitarist.

Broderick is awesome, I think their next album should be more interesting.

Dec 3, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I voted for Dave, since he IS the 'deth. Not to mention another certain band's material started going downhill once they ran out of songs without Mustaine credits.

That said, if you are asking which "other" deth guitarist was the best sidekick to Dave, it has to be Marty. Not only did the band record far and away its' best album with him, Marty has produced a ton of great music both before and after his stint in Megadeth.

As great as Chris Poland was in the band's early history, and as much as I love what Broderick has done for so long in Jag Panzer, neither quite measures up to Marty in my book.

^^^ What he said.
L3000.gif

Dec 27, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #11 of 13
NO CONTEST!
Marty Friedman
Tornado of Souls Solo

Jan 1, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #13 of 13
Friedman ftw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back