Meet 'Typical Headfier' Andy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #932 of 2,335
Just today I switched to Opera. I like Chrome and I'll say it is probably the best browser out there for basic browsing needs IMO, but I keep 30+ tabs open for weeks and a month or two until I have so many I can't close them. I always though tit was my computer that was lagging when I had a ton of tabs open and I'd wanna bookmark one and click the done button and nothing happens, click it constantly hundreds of times a second for a few minutes and wait for it to catch up and it'd go away, and then do the same for the X to close the tab. This for 30-50 tabs can take up to a couple-few hours it seems. This is Chrome's fault, not my computer's. In Chrome, I'd have all those tabs open and have 6 out of 8gb of my RAM used in Task Manager (Windows7 here) and everything in Chrome and other parts of my computer to a lesser extent would lag like hell. I am in Opera now with maybe a bit less content and tab number wise open but not a significant difference and my ram usage is at like 3.4gb now, a TON better than Chrome was. Everything runs great! It feels like I just sprayed WD-40 on my inner workings of my computer world switching to Opera from Chrome. The page load time is noticably less, but it's still like 2secs for my head-fi subscriptions page which is ok. I'd rather wait longer to load and render pages to have them render and scroll smoothly, run fast, have Flash work and not crash all the time just to free enough resources to run and bookmark and close on demand.

tl;dr is I switched from Chrome to Opera and for my heay browsing needs, Opera is worlds better. Chrome sucks at memory management IMO. 

This post is supposed to pertain to the Chrome post asking what is wrong with it. Chrome rocks, but only for basic stuff (all IMHO) really.

Sorry for the derail, whoever wants more info on my stories can PM me. Or we could start doing the spoiler box thing lol

Dec 21, 2011 at 5:25 AM Post #933 of 2,335

12458105.jpg

Dec 21, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #937 of 2,335
I was having a dream and this came to me 
biggrin.gif

A: This is the police, what is your emergency ?

B: OMG My baby, someone stole my baby !

A: Calm down, I'm going to need you to describe your baby.

B: Well, er, she has a fat bottom, a little dark and she's very tough.

A: Sir, I'm going to need more than that.

B: Ok, er, she's from (insert country here) and I got her for $2000.

A: Sir, you do realise human trafficking is illegal right ?

B: Human trafficking ? What are you talking about ? I lost my precious headphones !

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #940 of 2,335

Quote:
I was having a dream and this came to me 
biggrin.gif

A: This is the police, what is your emergency ?

B: OMG My baby, someone stole my baby !

A: Calm down, I'm going to need you to describe your baby.

B: Well, er, she has a fat bottom, a little dark and she's very tough.

A: Sir, I'm going to need more than that.

B: Ok, er, she's from (insert country here) and I got her for $2000.

A: Sir, you do realise human trafficking is illegal right ?

B: Human trafficking ? What are you talking about ? I lost my precious headphones !

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #943 of 2,335

That content smile and those piercing eyes are starting to creep me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back