Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #676 of 2,335
lollery..anti levitation headphone stand 

leaves your stuff absolutely grounded

Nov 12, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #678 of 2,335
Nov 12, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #680 of 2,335
XDD... hell no

it'll be as rarity would say "absolutely clashing!"

it's absolutely dashing my dear. get it right if you want to do the fashion talk :p

Nov 14, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #682 of 2,335

Lollery aside, in a cable thread we discussed that a large pile of bricks have been commonly used at DJ events (with very loud hard-hitting music) underneath a vinyl deck, to supress unwanted vibration.

Levitation with opposing magnets just looks a lot cooler I guess (and more expensive).

I find it interesting though, a large pile of bricks and advanced nice looking technology, fulfilling the same effect.

I guess the same parallells can be drawn to a lesser extent in many fields of audio, like cheap DIY enclosures versus Italian lamb-skin and African blackwood, etc...

I think most of us understand that exotic or rare materials have no special effect on audio, some of us just want to believe it does, perhaps it's something innate in human desire, some kind of self-fulfillment, I don't know.

Nov 14, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #683 of 2,335
Quote:
I think this thread may find itself locked or deleted, one day.

And if it does it will be be proof that we were right all along...

Quote:
Lollery aside, in a cable thread we discussed that a large pile of bricks have been commonly used at DJ events (with very loud hard-hitting music) underneath a vinyl deck, to supress unwanted vibration.

Levitation with opposing magnets just looks a lot cooler I guess (and more expensive).

I find it interesting though, a large pile of bricks and advanced nice looking technology, fulfilling the same effect.

Well the fancy levitating magnets are probably quite a bit more portable than a few hundred pounds of bricks so they have some advantages.  LCD monitors seem to have taken off for the same reason even though they don't move any more often than most people's turntables.

Also...

Nov 16, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #684 of 2,335

Preview

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #689 of 2,335
Oh my, here we go...  Make sure to keep it somewhat kosher people.
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back