MEELECTRONICS M9P OR M6P
Nov 30, 2011 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hulker75

New Head-Fier
I LISTEN TO A LOT OF HIP HOP/RAP. I LIKE FULL BASS RATHER THAN BOOMY BASS BUT IF NEITHER HAVE FULL BASS ITS FINE JUST TELL ME WHICH IS CLOSER TO FULL BASS.

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #2 of 3
M6P - Very good sounding for the price. I find their soundstage to be on the small side. They sound dark to my ears. A little muffled. They take some EQing to get the top end to come out and play. Low end sounds pretty decent to me. If you have ever heard the S4's I think they are very similar. Not that boomy. Mids can be muffled. But the biggest problem for me with these is comfort. I HATE the way they fit. They are difficult to insert, the stock tips are poor and the cable is so stiff even when you find a set that can get a seal you are fighting with the things to keep them in.

M9P - Very similar sound signature to my ears as compared to the M6P. If anything, the bottom end may be a little more boomy and pronounced. Slightly more mid ressession. The cable is MUCH improved. Tips are the same but work OK.

Both pair offer pretty good "full" bottoms. But if bass is something very important to you, you might want to look for a pair of refurbed vanillia Turbines. More impact. Probly a little less bleed over into the mids but pricier. The turbines sound "brighter" to my ears. Something that may or may not be important to you.

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 3
I never really liked the M9P that I owned for few weeks before giving them to my brother. Maybe I never was able to get a proper seal with them or something, but I felt that the set I had was extremely muddy and had a almost synthetic/unnatural bass tone.

I replaced my M9Ps with a set of M6Ps and they sound a lot more normal to me. I'd say these are relatively fun sounding earphones. They have a mid-bass hump, recessed mids, and so decent highs. Overall, the M6P was a good bargain at the $20 price point I picked them up at. I pretty much only use them at the gym where durability and price matter more to me than great detail and performance. Between the M9P and M6P, you'll experience less microphonics with the M6P. I found the M6P to be more comfortable and it maintained a secure fit better than the M9P due to the over ear design of the M6P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back