MEElectronics M9P Imbalance
Dec 20, 2010 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

FordGT

New Head-Fier
I ordered some M9P's from Newegg to replace my Zune v2 headphones that I use for music on the go and while they sound good the imbalance is quite bad. The right channel is 2-3 volume levels above the left channel. Is this common? I contacted MeElectronics and they said they would replace them so I might as well try another pair.

I also noticed that the tip of the jack was damaged and had a small chunk of metal missing from it likely from the casting process at the factory. This is the left channel which happens to be the screwed up channel.

Dec 20, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #2 of 3
While MEElec seems to have some QC problems (they are made overseas), their customer service is excellent.  I've requested 2 replacements for different phones that did not sound right with I first got them, and they replaced them immediately and happily, and the replacements were good.

Dec 26, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 3
Meelec sent me a replacement set but they sound even worse than the first pair. Imagine a muffled wedding singer who has a cold. That is what it sounds like.

The bass is way too boomy, mids come and go depending on the song and the highs sound distant and almost behind my head. I have tried every tip I have and nothing helps. I even tried burning them in over night and they still sound awful. The first pair that had the imbalance at least sounded clear and crisp, albeit lopsided. I guess I'll have to email Simon again but I feel kind of stupid asking for yet another replacement for $15 IEM's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back