MEElectronics M9P Extended Impressions/Pseudo Review (56k Warning)
Mar 9, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #16 of 30
i've been in contact with martie directly from the end of february until 3 days ago (due to a replacement) and he has always been very quick to respond. i wonder why this shouldn't be the case for you, CanadaBoy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmhaynes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
East Los Angeles area, California, USA.

yeah, that's where their company is located, but of course that doesn't necessarily mean that they are manufactured there. don't get me wrong, they're awesome, but at this price point they can not possibly be manufactured in the states.

Mar 9, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfrost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, that's just how the button on my week-old M11P (and also the button on my '09 vintage NE-7M) works with my 2009 iPod 120Gb Classic. OTOH, my BlackBerry 8310 Curve does not respond as described to multiple button pushes (last two bullets of that list), and I am OK with that. I have no experience with other DAPs, other generations of iPods, or any iPhone.

I have no reason to suspect that the M9P would behave differently than the M11P.

Perhaps MEElec only includes the call answer button on the M11Ps because there is no such button on my version of the M9Ps.

I imagine that Voice Over support works with the iPhone 3GS purely because of the mic but playback controls would not because of the lack of the control button.

Mar 9, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #18 of 30
I just received an e-mail answer from MEElec's customer service yesterday.

Regarding the "call answer button" - there's no button per se on the M11P. The mic module flexes to activate an internal switch. I did notice that it took a few pushes the first time I used it, then fine. BTW, the instructions are correct for my BlackBerry as found on their Help page, which describes the function for "P" model earphones.

Mar 9, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGame21x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps MEElec only includes the call answer button on the M11Ps because there is no such button on my version of the M9Ps.

IIRC the button is the mic module. The whole thing clicks.

Mar 9, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IIRC the button is the mic module. The whole thing clicks.

Interesting. I'll have to give it a try. I thought there might be a button in there but I never gave it a press because I was worried about breaking it.

EDIT: And I gave it a try. There is indeed a button on the mic module and it performs all of the functions mentioned earlier. Wow. I probably never would've noticed that if I hadn't checked this thread again. Thanks guys.

Mar 9, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #21 of 30
Mar 9, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #22 of 30
I had a small problem with my M2 (the cheapest bud they sell which I paid a whopping $6.99 for) and emailed meelec support on a Sunday evening. Within minutes I had a personal response. I appreciated the quick response so greatly that I purchased the M9P and have been telling everyone I know about this great little company and the value of their products.

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #24 of 30
First post, just received my M9Ps and unfortunately they came damaged. The faceplate for the mic/answer button was detached and it does seem to affect the button presses. Not sure if anyone elses buttons are not clicking some times.

Sound wise, they are pretty good. I have EP-630 and HD201 and they stack up well, but volume wise, the right earbud is quite softer than the left side. I have tried all the tips and it's the same.

Not sure if this is due to the mic being on the right side or if it was also damaged. I'm not sure but I think I read in another thread that someones M9s were like this too for the volume so I'm not sure if it is the mic or not.

Forgot to mention, mine came with an extra set of double flange tips. It's gray and came in its own baggie labeled Balanced Sound. It reduced the bass a little, I like them.

Apr 28, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #25 of 30
I also just received my second pair of M9Ps (sold the first, silver set to another head-fi-er). Like the first set, the sound is well-balanced between left and right, the button/mic works fine, and I also received the second, grey "Balanced Sound" biflanges with this new pair. I like the sound a little better using Head-Direct large biflanges atm.

Apr 28, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by adsf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First post, just received my M9Ps and unfortunately they came damaged. The faceplate for the mic/answer button was detached and it does seem to affect the button presses. Not sure if anyone elses buttons are not clicking some times.

Sound wise, they are pretty good. I have EP-630 and HD201 and they stack up well, but volume wise, the right earbud is quite softer than the left side. I have tried all the tips and it's the same.

Not sure if this is due to the mic being on the right side or if it was also damaged. I'm not sure but I think I read in another thread that someones M9s were like this too for the volume so I'm not sure if it is the mic or not.

Forgot to mention, mine came with an extra set of double flange tips. It's gray and came in its own baggie labeled Balanced Sound. It reduced the bass a little, I like them.

Yes, Meelec has been experimenting with different tips to modify the sound signature. Very impressive effort for a $20 earphone.

If you are hearing different volume levels between the two sides, however, that is most likely a channel imbalance. Unfortunately it's not uncommon with budget earphones. I would get them exchanged for a new set.

May 1, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #27 of 30
Just an update on my M9Ps situation. They sent me a replacement within 2 days, fast and friendly service. The volume is balanced and they sound great for the price. Nice bass and soundstage is great. Will love to try the M6 since people say they are even better than the M9. Only thing is I don't really like the over-the-ear style IEM.

My only issue with the M9P is the play/pause button. The mic works fine, but the button mechanism is rather wonky. Not sure why no one else has mentioned this before, maybe its just me?
Even if I feel and hear a click but press on the wrong part of the button, I won't get any response. I've tested this on both M9Ps and get the same results. It just sucks because I choose this version so I don't have to take out my IPT to change the song. Now I have to check and see if the song is paused or playing since the double click sometimes is recognized as a single click.

May 1, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #29 of 30
I got my m9's, and they are amazing, strong bass, but much more detailed bass than my CX400II's, the overall clarity is better, and they have pretty good mids unlike the CX400II which are very bass and treble heavy. Clarity and seperation can't compete with my pl50's, but it's still good for the price.
And the soundstage really is incredible, they felt distant sounding at first, with most of my heavy metal songs, then i played a live album, and it was astounding, this immersion into the recording... i have never felt this before with my SM PL50.
But i got to say, i can sense some sibilance, but it only bugs me if i'm trying to notice it's there.

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #30 of 30
I just got mine from Newegg, $8.99+FS. For that price, I find them impressive. There is a certain airiness, and detail, that I wouldn't have expected from something at this price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back