MEElectronics M9 or Soundmagic P11/12/20?
Mar 1, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #2 of 7
I haven't heard any of the Soundmagic 'phones you've mentioned but in my opinion, the M9s are the best you can get in the sub $30 price range.

If you're willing to go up to $40, I hear the MEElectronics M6s are very impressive too.

Mar 1, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #3 of 7
Why look at soundmagic's lower-end models? The PL30 and PL21 are approximately on the same level as the M9 sq-wise. I doubt the lower stuff is. It really comes down to personal preference between the three of them. Also, for under $40 you can afford the Meelec M11 or M6 from overstock (if you're in the US). The M11 is a step up in build and comfort from the M9 and the M6 is a step up in sound. Either way they're worth the extra dough IMO.

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #4 of 7
I have both the M9 and PL-30, guess I'll comment on them.

I got the M9 first and the initial impression was very positive. I really like the build quality of the M9, well worth the $25 I spent on them. Good isolation can be achieved with the right pair of tips (I'm using some e2c tips which I think is best for me). Sound is good with boomy bass, have yet to burn them in. Moving onto the PL-30, the initial impression was not as good as the M9 but it was still quite positive. The build quality is fairly solid and comfort is just about the same. SQ wise, I think I prefer these right out the box. They provide a greater sound stage and more crisp and clear highs. Not as bassy as the M9.

If you listen to a lot of mainstream music, pop/hiphop/rap etc. I would recommend the M9 but if your music preference are rock/metal/punk then the PL-30 it is. Both are GREAT bang for buck. I will no longer look in Future Shop or Best Buy for their over priced junk.

Mar 4, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shared casings are not rare among IEMs manufactured in China. Afaik shells and accessories are all they share.

Thanks for clearing that up. Also thanks for the heads up on the M6's at Overstock I'd been looking for them awhile and couldn't find them at the usual online places. They all had the M11 but not the M6's. Ordered them this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back