MEElectronics M9 Mod
Feb 28, 2012 at 8:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

emanlee

New Head-Fier
i find the signature sound of m9 quite dark, and one of the common complaints were the bass overpowering/creeping in the mids. i tried experimenting it without opening it and here's what i found:

1. in your m9 earphones, locate the holes in the aluminum shell. it should be there opposite the rubber bud. 
2. cover it with something rubber (something that will not allow the sound to pass much), customize something to fit it. (i used custom rubber plug, a very small one, to cover it. or you can try experimenting with it by covering the holes with your bare fingers while music is playing)

before: the bass creeps into the mids, lacks a little separation, and not so modulated, with a darker sound.
after: the bass becomes more punchy, well modulated, and there is a noticeable separation between the mids and the bass. the vocals too got clearer. there seems to be better sound reproduction and the sound got warmer..

i dont know, maybe its just me. but im asking if someone else gets the same result. im wondering.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back