Meelectronics M6: DIY Filter for soundtube?
Apr 26, 2010 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

suba3333

100+ Head-Fier
I got the M6 today and took them out for a quick run. They fit great for sports, the clip/chin slider and of course the over the ear design with metal hooks work great! Soundwise it's ok so far but I guess they need some burn in.

My only concern at this point is that there is no filter or anything in the sound tube to protect the innards of the phone. All my other phones had some sort of barrier which I could regularly clean off the ear wax and which protected the phones from sweat.

I thought maybe it would be a good idea to insert some cotton wool or foam as a DIY filter which could be easily replaced once in a while. However I am also worried that this "filter" might get sucked into or stuck inside the phones which obviously would not be so good.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #2 of 4
I know a pair of RE0 filters fits perfectly on my m6. If you don't want to drop $15 + SH for the package that head-direct sells, you could ask around on the forums--I'm sure people who own RE0s have extras they don't use.

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #3 of 4
I have a sheet of Head-Direct filters that I'd be qute willing to part with, as jtsai suggests.

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #4 of 4
Head Direct is selling a replacement filter set for RE1/2 only (that's the one dfrost is linking to). Are these also fitting RE0/M6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back