Meelectronics M31 or M21 Or Xtreme Xplosives
May 21, 2012 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

BassHead Meelec

New Head-Fier
I love bass but dont want dirty bass or muffled sound. my budget is $30 so this is what is in the remainder.
I aam a basshead.
Also i have big ears so the comfort on the m31 is not a problen so which should i  get.

May 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 22
The new JVC Extreme Explosives HA-FX101  is only around $15. Those here who tried it like it. I have the old Extreme Explosive HAFX1x, and can't recommend it since it is so large and may give fit issues. The sound on the new model is probably much better than the old one. I plan to buy the HA-FX101.

Another good choice for plenty of bass and good sound overall for under $30 is the Panasonic RP-HJE450. I love mine.

May 22, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #3 of 22
Count out the M21, it's Bass is good but more like the M6. The M31 will shake your teeth loose, But it is boomy and bloated and smears the rest of the spectrum out.  I hate the JVC personally, I fell for all that hype in that tread, most of those IEMS are trash, sorry!!!   If you ask me the M21 is the best sounding out of those by far, but you're not going to get the pounding Bass, it's good tho.
All MEE'S  M-series are slightly V-shaped so you'll get decent Bass out of any of them really.
For me I think their CW31 Woody is the best IEM they have.   I've had or tried all except the 161, Which i'm not going to bother.

For Bass in your range, Maybe the E30 from Soundmagic?, I haven't heard it tho, but it has good reviews.

Another option around $30 is the Vsonic GR99 or GR02 if you can find a sale?  For me the GR99 is the best sounding IEM mentioned, it has a lot of Bass but not sub-woofer like, so it really depends on what you're after, music taste, source ect?

I still Say the Vsonic GR99 can't be beat for $27, it sounds better then any of MEE'S offerings, in the M-series...But everyones ears are different....I'm a MEE fan and for budget IEMs their great, Fantastic even.

May 23, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:
Panasonic + Bass=Impossible

Huh? Have you heard the HJE450? it has strong bass that sounds natural. The panasonic HJE355 has more clarity, but not as much bass impact. I think you should try the JVC HA-FX101.

May 24, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:
Do you know if it is clearer than the m31.

If you're talking about the JVC Xplosives the M31 is a better choice, I've owned both, M31 is miles ahead... I don't understand why JVC XX get so much good rap here, sure....they're great for people on a budget that cannot spend more than $20, for what they are they're 'OK' but to compare them to the likes of SoundMAGIC E10 and M31 is a little silly. It's because people come here and say I want something cheap with huge bass, happens everyday so people say  "JVC XX is a great choice" then everyone reads it and follows the same routine, most of which have very low post counts. "oh I heard JVC XX is great" most of which haven't even heard it some of the time. . It's a great choice if you're looking to spend $20 and will give you artificial bass with very muffled mids and highs. 

Honestly if you can spend more than $20 forget about the JVC XX, go for the E10 OR M31, there's no cheap way to freedom with IEM's.

Sorry but someone has to tell it how it is about the JVC XX

May 25, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #11 of 22
The HA-FX101 is the new entry in the JVC Explosives series. Its sound quality is much better than the original JVC Extreme Eplosive. I assume you had the original, unless you bought it withing the past few weeks.

May 25, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:
The HA-FX101 is the new entry in the JVC Explosives series. Its sound quality is much better than the original JVC Extreme Eplosive. I assume you had the original, unless you bought it withing the past few weeks.

Yeah it was the original I tried. I just think you can get much better for spending that extra $10. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back