Meelectronics cheapies, amazing for the price
Feb 27, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #16 of 23
i found M6 isolation is bad.... but i really liked the sound of m6...on the other hand i was disappointed with isolation of m6...and i had difficult time wearing them on the first two days..but right now its ok..once you get used to it..

Mar 11, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrashingshrimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know, I just sent in the Ck10's to get remolded a couple days ago, and I've been using the M9's alot lately. IMO, the sound is very dependant on your seal and insertion amount. In the beginning, they sounded terrible, but after I stretched on a pair of hybrids (DO NOT DO THIS, THE HYBRIDS WILL BE UNUSABLE ON ANY OTHER EARPHONE LATER ON), the sound was perfect enough to not make me miss my CK10's [too much]!

Also, a protip for M6 users is to cut the memory wire thing. It's made of copper, so a little snip here and there an dyou can get the copper part out without damaging the actual earphones. The fit will we 10x better, I promise. Sony hybrids, as usual, work wonders too!

I agree; the manner of insertion with the M9 is key. It could be the way my ears are shaped, but if I don't use the large single flanges, and insert them shallow and straight I get nothing but MUDDY bass.

If I insert them right, it's perfect.

Mar 11, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #18 of 23
I need help big-time from fellow M6 owners. I just got them yesterday and dealing with that memory wire feels like I'm wrestling with an alligator. The issue is fit,comfort, and seal. Despite trying every tip I own including hybrids, these things will not stay flush in my ears. I have to do that annoying thing where I have to hold them tight in my ear to get an inkling of how these things might sound with a good seal. Also in doing so I realized I also had to crank the volume way up to hear anything decently which my ears are very unhappy about.
So my question is: Will the removal of the memory wire itself necessarily improve the ability to get a good seal, or will these things not fit no matter what I do...
In the past I've gotten good seals with PL 30,PL21,Apple IEMS with comply, IM-590 with Sony hybrids. I just wanted a good fun over the ear IEM for the gym. (my Soundmagics both passed away...) Should I risk performing surgery on these or should I try to exchange these for M9's? I'm quite disappointed. Advice please. Thanks...

Mar 11, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mglak51jk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should I risk performing surgery on these or should I try to exchange these for M9's? I'm quite disappointed. Advice please. Thanks...

Before I did anything that I couldn't reverse or would make them unreturnable I would return them for the M9's. They sound sound pretty good and are absolutely amazing for the price. I've heard that Meelec's service is very good though this is just from what I've read. Besides you can always go back to the M6 if you want but if you start hacking at them you may be stuck with them. Just what I'd do anyway.

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #20 of 23
I agree, I would return them. The memory wire is a matter of taste, it either fits you or it doesnt, in my humble opinion...

Mar 12, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #21 of 23
I had the same problem with a difficult fit for my M6s. After removing the memory wire, they fit great. After switching for sony hybrid tips, the fit is even better. As long as your careful, removing the memory wire shouldn't take longer then 10 minutes, and is well worth it.

Mar 12, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #22 of 23
If I knew for sure that memory wire removal itself would insure a good fit,proper steal then I would certainly consider it. I'm already using the SONY hybrids so it's not a matter of tips (they seal perfectly with my IM-590's) I'm leaning towards exchanging them rather than rendering them potentially useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back