meelectronics atlas why are they unknown here.
Dec 28, 2013 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

jenriquenunez

Head-Fier
so i been digging around and found this headphone and only has  reviews in amazon, people review them as a bang for the buck audiophile friendly, what are your thoughts on this headphones, has anyone tried them?

Dec 28, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 13
Atlas makes for an absolutely awesome on-ear headphone.  Doesn't isolate well, but boy does it sound marvelous.  Good bass depth and overall great linearity and treble extension (although it could be a little edgy at times).  Essentially, it's a headphone with linear bass and great energy throughout.  Definitely a recommend on my part if you can live without the isolation :p

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #3 of 13
I got these yesterday and man, they sound wonderful. It has a really fun V shaped sound sig. 

Jan 31, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #5 of 13
The only downside,,,, that lack of noise isolation, i can hear everything around me

My review unit arrived today. I agree with your assessment, but I also have an issue with how easily the 3.5mm jack detaches from the left ear cup. Does your unit's cable detach easily too? I used the MEElec cable on my V-moda M-80 and it locked in place with a click. So it could be a design issue.

My initial impressions:
*Sound hits above the price point. I hear it as a U-shaped where the mids are not too far behind. Bass gets low and the treble is nice.
*Comfortable- lightweight and right amount of clamping force
*design is nice (I got the Orion)
*Build quality is on par with the price point: sturdy plastic with flat metal band for support
*Isolation is below average with ambient sound leaking in and music leaking out
*damn cable disconnects in the slightest tug

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #10 of 13
Ordered a pair.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice! Tell us what you think when they arrive.

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #12 of 13
Review is up!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/meelectronics-atlas-on-ear-headphones/reviews/10482

Feb 17, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #13 of 13
Just got these and they are AMAZING! I can't wait to post my own review; it's written, just need to wait form my account to let me post reviews. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back