Meelec SP51 vs Brainwavz M2 vs Monster Turbines..Help me pick!!
Apr 18, 2011 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

wobwob10

New Head-Fier
Currently I own the Meelec M6 and it's starting to die out on me so I'm looking for an upgrade. I mainly listen to hip-hop/techno/mash-ups, so bass quality and quantity is extremely improtant to me. I've narrowed it down to 3 choices  between the SP51, M2 and the turbines as they are all in similar price range.

Now I've done some research, on which is the best one out of the three and have been getting mixed signals. In ljokerl's thread for sound quality, the M2 is rated a 7.3, the SP51 a 7 and the Turbines a 7.6. However, on a review on amazon.com, someone who owned both the turbines and the SP51, said the SP51 sounded better than the turbines in most categories..so I'm abit confused about joker's ratings?

Has anyone heard the 3 mentioned headphones head-to-head and can offer any input on which one I should pick?

Thanks!

Apr 18, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 3
I haven't heard the Sp51s, but I have heard the Turbines and the M2s...both are fantastic.  I had a slight fit issue with the M2s so ultimately I kept the Turbines between the two.  Both sound really good for hip hop, which is pretty much all I listen to.  Both are significantly better than the M6 which I have heard as well (albeit very briefly).

Apr 18, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 3
I have owned the Turbines and the SP51(still own). In my opinion, the SP51 is more flexible with what sound signature you're looking for due to the tuning plates. If you want little bass, you can use the neutral bass plate with the SP51. The Turbines do sound clearer and better IN MY OPINION though, but a lot of people have complained about the wire breaking on them and the housing coming apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back