Meelec M9 issue and service
Mar 15, 2010 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kmhaynes

Headphoneus Supremus
I've had the M9 for about 3 weeks, and have complained here about a very strange sounding soundstage I was experiencing with them. After 30-40 hours of listening, the still sounded very weird to me -- very echo-y sounding.

So I emailed Meelec to ask if I was hearing it accurately, or was there possibly something wrong with my set. They immediately concurred that it sounded like I had a short or grounding problem with my set, offered to send me a new set and have me return mine so they could hear them.

So the new set arrived today, and even straight out of the package, I could tell my original set was faulty -- these $20 earphones sound AWESOME! It's not the RE0 in terms of details, but for low-volume listening, like falling asleep, these M9 will be great.

So, kudos to the Meelectronics folks for great customer service, even for a $20 earphone!

Mar 15, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #3 of 5
Ah yes, your original post in one of the M9 threads left me rather perplexed. I think I attributed your problems to excessive expectations and being spoiled by the precise positioning of the RE0. But you didn't say how drastic the issue was
redface.gif
. They still need less bass and more mids to be well-balanced in my book but one of the best values around nevertheless.

Another happy Meelec customer, it seems. Funny how they have earned a better rep on these boards by simply meeting customer expectations than some other companies that have sponsored memberships, subforums, and MOT posters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back