MEEaudio X7 Plus Review by mark2410
Aug 16, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #31 of 41
I'm in the market for a durable -true sweat resistant- Bluetooth headphones, and I'm very close to pulling the trigger on these. But I'm just worried about how quite a few people say the volume doesn't get too loud. Can any one who has these shed some light to its peak db or at least give s reference to how loud it gets in comparison to say the shure 215???

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

yeah loud enough compared to wired iem is hard as the 215 gets as lound asthe source candrive it so there is not a comparison to make.  that said, err the x7 not going loud enough?? 

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #32 of 41
yeah loud enough compared to wired iem is hard as the 215 gets as lound asthe source candrive it so there is not a comparison to make.  that said, err the x7 not going loud enough?? 
Yeah, ive read multiple reviews where people have said that.
I get mine on Wednesday hopefully, so I'll find out soon enough.

Aug 16, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #33 of 41
Yeah, ive read multiple reviews where people have said that.
I get mine on Wednesday hopefully, so I'll find out soon enough.

god, really i dont think i listen to things particularly quietly and i cant say i had any issues with them being quiet

Aug 16, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #34 of 41
god, really i dont think i listen to things particularly quietly and i cant say i had any issues with them being quiet
They are supposed to be coming tomorrow evening! Do they have a burn in period?

Thank you for your review, my friend, I'll let you know what I think of them when I get it -if you want to know!-

Aug 16, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #35 of 41
They are supposed to be coming tomorrow evening! Do they have a burn in period?

Thank you for your review, my friend, I'll let you know what I think of them when I get it -if you want to know!-

i normally give stuff 100 anyway but no, i dont particularly recall there being much change.  hope you like them!

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #36 of 41
i normally give stuff 100 anyway but no, i dont particularly recall there being much change.  hope you like them!
These earphones are amazing! I've never had such a nice fit !! I've never had the small buds fit me so well. If I used the medium size it seemed like there was too much pressure and the sound kind of distorts when I shake my head. I sweat a lot when I run, but I can see these lasting me because my earphones only get ruined when sweat leaks inside when the deal is compromised. Sound quality is surprisingly well and beyond what I expected.
I love them!

Aug 19, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #37 of 41
These earphones are amazing! I've never had such a nice fit !! I've never had the small buds fit me so well. If I used the medium size it seemed like there was too much pressure and the sound kind of distorts when I shake my head. I sweat a lot when I run, but I can see these lasting me because my earphones only get ruined when sweat leaks inside when the deal is compromised. Sound quality is surprisingly well and beyond what I expected.
I love them!

hey, well im very pleased youre happy with them.  indeed they do sound very good for the money too i think

Oct 2, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #39 of 41
OK, so Massdrop just did a deal on these for $75, and I picked up a set. First foray into Bluetooth.

They arrived on Friday, and I used them for my morning walk yesterday and today. First impressions:

* Good bass. Maybe a little too pushed for my tastes, but not by much, and overall good quality.

* Mids are a bit recessed, sometimes get kind of vague. Mids are definitely the weakness of these.

* No complaints about the highs.

* Overall impressive SQ for $75 Bluetooth. If the mids were better they'd be fantastic.

* Fit is pretty good, and they stay in place quite well, even when sweating. (My morning walk is with wrist and ankle weights at an aggressive pace. Just can't run because of bad knees.)

* Some microphonics from the cable. Really nice that they provided the little cable cinch as part of it, that really helps.

* Microphone is utterly useless, the phone hardly ever hears anything I say into it. Not a major deal for me, as all I'm doing it trying to switch playlists with Siri. Minor annoyance at worst for me, but be warned if you're planning to handle a lot of calls with it. (I wear it behind my neck, which I'm sure is the problem, but if I wore it otherwise, the microphonics would be really annoying.)

* Had it drop the connection only once in about two hours of use, phone in right back pocket while I walk. Not bad, but we'll see how it goes after a bit more use.

In general, I'm pretty happy with them. Better than I expected for that price tag.

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #40 of 41
I saw a review on amazon that said it didn't pair with a Samsung s5, which is my phone. Anyone have that kind of trouble? And, anyone compare these to the Sony sbh80 or advance sound model 3s? I just can't decide between these 3 headphones for daily running and working out! Can anyone help?!

Nov 26, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #41 of 41
So I got these on Massdrop for the gym. Unfortunately the standard tips do not give enough bass, and the fit in the ear is not secure. So I bought medium Comply tips. Better sound for sure but very finicky in term of positioning, would often come out as I worked out.

I tried the sugru approach for making a "custom" ear mold after looking at various posts here and elsewhere, since I was about to give up on these buds. Anyway I started by using a sleeve for the comply (with foam removed) and a two-stage technique (start with the inner ear mold then put on more sugru for the outer. fit nice and snug! but the bass was lacking compared to the comply tips. The problem was the sound was weak, basically not tight enough of a seal for these drivers--this is a known issue with this approach. What to do?? I was ready to give up on them.

So I decided on one last try. I cut the Sugru back to the level of the driver/post of the earbud. Then I removed the sleeve for the Comply tip and then cut back the Sugru a bit to allow a new, intact Comply tip. The idea is to use the Comply for better sound but the mold for stability and isolation. Voila!!! worked like a charm!!! Sounds great, better than with Comply alone, and very stable! It is so good, I would recommend it to anyone who is not 100% happy with the sound of these, or the fit. Very easy!

Attachments

• meecustomwithcomplytip.jpg
    meecustomwithcomplytip.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back