MEE M6 - Initial Impressions
Apr 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zantif

Head-Fier
Just got a pair of M6s in the mail. Currently using the stock clear double flange...anyone have any suggestions on other tips I could try? So far I seem to have a tight seal; I can't imagine these ever falling off with the memory wire. 

Only other IEMs I have to compare these to are the MEP-933 and Skullcandy Ink'd, but coming from the Monoprices...the bass on these is amazing! Not to say I prefer the M6 over the MEP-933, it's like comparing a closed phone to an open phone. The Monoprices  are much more clear, but feel like they have virtually no bass compared to the M6. The Skullcandys on the other hand probably have near the same level of bass, if not more. BUT, it's noticeably more bloated. The M6 is also a bit loose, but significantly less than the Skullcandy earbuds.

Isolation seems decent. My roommate's watching TV next to me and I can barely hear it, if at all. 

Comfort-wise, they fit very well for me. Only thing is finding a better fitting tip. The double flange seems a bit deep, but definitely gets a better seal than the single. Again, if anyone has any experience with good tips, I'm open to suggestions!

So overall, I'd say these are definitely worth the $15 I paid for them. Especially if you listen to a bunch of EDM/IDM like me!

EDIT: Just turned on bass boost on my E10 and man are these vibrating!

Apr 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
Just got a pair of M6s in the mail. Currently using the stock clear double flange...anyone have any suggestions on other tips I could try? So far I seem to have a tight seal; I can't imagine these ever falling off with the memory wire. 

Only other IEMs I have to compare these to are the MEP-933 and Skullcandy Ink'd, but coming from the Monoprices...the bass on these is amazing! Not to say I prefer the M6 over the MEP-933, it's like comparing a closed phone to an open phone. The Monoprices  are much more clear, but feel like they have virtually no bass compared to the M6. The Skullcandys on the other hand probably have near the same level of bass, if not more. BUT, it's noticeably more bloated. The M6 is also a bit loose, but significantly less than the Skullcandy earbuds.

Isolation seems decent. My roommate's watching TV next to me and I can barely hear it, if at all. 

Comfort-wise, they fit very well for me. Only thing is finding a better fitting tip. The double flange seems a bit deep, but definitely gets a better seal than the single. Again, if anyone has any experience with good tips, I'm open to suggestions!

So overall, I'd say these are definitely worth the $15 I paid for them. Especially if you listen to a bunch of EDM/IDM like me!

EDIT: Just turned on bass boost on my E10 and man are these vibrating!

I love the ME tips. I think they're some of the best tips that come standard on an IEM. Honestly, I bought a M6 once because I needed more tips. 

Apr 26, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 5
Just wait until you use the M6 awhile.  I don't believe in burn in but the M6 changed my mind a little.  They will tighten up nicely, as far as the tips, MEE's stock tips are pretty damn good. Another that works well are the Sony's, But for me the top dogs go to the single flange/foam lined tips that come with the Vsonic Gr06s. They're basically Sony knock offs but just have foam glued into them.  I can't hear any noise from the outside with them on, great tips.

Apr 27, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #5 of 5
I'm still experimenting with the tips. I thought I had found my fit with the small triple-flange, but for some odd reason, if I don't get the tip into my left ear JUST right, I hear almost nothing. I have to hold the IEM and shift it up ever-so-slightly, and the sound comes through. Release, and nothing. No problems with the right ear with any of the tips. I guess I have narrow ear urethras.

(They do sound great when they sit right, though.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back