MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Mar 31, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #3,031 of 3,265
Sold my P1s a few months ago (can't quite remember why, maybe to fund a different purchase), but ever since then I couldn't shake this feeling that I really missed their sound. Finally yesterday I got myself another pair and I'm back in my happy place. Good grief these things are fantastic for the price...not just the sound, but the entire product.

Was also at an audio meetup at one of the local shops yesterday, and there was a guy who wanted to buy the F9 Pro. Unfortunately the shop didn't have any stock left of the Pro, so he asked if he could buy the shop's demo unit. At that point I said to him "have you had a chance to listen to the Pinnacle P1 yet? Not? Ok, do yourself a favour, take some time, audition and compare the P1 against the F9 Pro. It's a bit more expensive than the F9 Pro, but have a look and see if you like it".

Well, after about an hour or so he walked away with the P1. I don't blame him.

Mar 31, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #3,032 of 3,265
Yeah the P1 definitely beats the F9P to my ears. It doesn't have the big dynamic bass, but the treble is so much smoother and the overall relaxed sound sig just works far better for me.

Still curious what an upgrade to the P1 would be. One of the Campfires?

Mar 31, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #3,033 of 3,265
Hmm, I dunno. But what I can say is that I've not heard any other IEM yet that gave me quite the same sense of value as the P1. The build, the unboxing experience, the sound, the look. None of the others gave such an "improvement" (especially in terms of sound) to make me think "yeah, these are well worth the cost". But then again, I tend to be a bit more frugal, so for the foreseeable future, I really do consider the P1 to be my endgame.

Mar 31, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #3,034 of 3,265
BTW if you haven't stuck the P1 into a really solid source, wow. It fills in so well. I threw it into my desktop amp and was seriously surprised.

Mar 31, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #3,035 of 3,265
BTW if you haven't stuck the P1 into a really solid source, wow. It fills in so well. I threw it into my desktop amp and was seriously surprised.

I've got the iDSD BL for portable/desktop use...as well as a Melokin DA9.1 for desktop. And also just received the new Pro iDSD for review....I'm pretty excited to see how the P1 does with the Pro

Mar 31, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #3,037 of 3,265
I have the IT03 (well, it's being repaired) and that's certainly an upgrade of a sort. The bass goes way deeper and it sounds "bigger" overall, but as a hybrid it lacks some coherency by comparison and some might call them too bassy.

Since I've endgamed my desktop rig I'm just looking for endgame mobile. Bleh.

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #3,038 of 3,265
I bought P1 for 150 EUR in german Amazon. The fit and isolation are reeeally good!

I listen to them with Shanling M3s, powerful enough to drive them. To the sound: I got used to IEMs with more bass response. However, the bass exists here and it's a really good bass in terms of quality, maybe not too much impact for electronic music, but in heavy metal it's amazing. Soundstage is not the biggest, but all instruments are nicely separated and located.

Did anyone try some other cables than stock? If there is a chance to raise bass in terms of quantity, that would be great.

Apr 18, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #3,039 of 3,265
I bought P1 for 150 EUR in german Amazon. The fit and isolation are reeeally good!

I listen to them with Shanling M3s, powerful enough to drive them. To the sound: I got used to IEMs with more bass response. However, the bass exists here and it's a really good bass in terms of quality, maybe not too much impact for electronic music, but in heavy metal it's amazing. Soundstage is not the biggest, but all instruments are nicely separated and located.

Did anyone try some other cables than stock? If there is a chance to raise bass in terms of quantity, that would be great.
To me, cables didn't make as much difference as tips and enough power. They do work wonderfully with a balanced cable, though. For tips, I've gone with Spiral Dots.

Apr 19, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #3,040 of 3,265
I would prefer to stay with SE cable to have longer battery life (12-13h vs 8h with balanced output on M3s).
However, raising midbass range ~2dB in EQ worked wonderfully. Amazing IEMs! My Aune E1 provide better soundstage and punchier bass, but their isolation is on too low level. P1 beautifully cuts off most of the city noise, but still I can hear as importan thing as ambulance :)
Stock tips work nice for me, maybe I'll play with the others to find a way to slightly enhance bass without EQ.

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #3,042 of 3,265
Does anyone know where to get replacement mesh filters? From a different brand even, or just a screen, i can cut it out and glue them on. I sleep with these so wax builds up occasionally. I might have to just buy some new tips with filters on them but would rather just have some filters handy.

Does anyone know if Shure EAWXG2-10 wax guards fit?

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #3,043 of 3,265
Does anyone know where to get replacement mesh filters? From a different brand even, or just a screen, i can cut it out and glue them on. I sleep with these so wax builds up occasionally. I might have to just buy some new tips with filters on them but would rather just have some filters handy.

Does anyone know if Shure EAWXG2-10 wax guards fit?

Contact MEE Audio customer service. They will send you a couple of pairs of mesh filters free of charge.

May 10, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #3,044 of 3,265
Hi everyone! Excuse me for this question but I have a doubt about what DAP buy for pairing with my pinnacle p1, actually I have a Fiio Q1 and I am thinking if there is many difference between this DAC and a Cayin N3 or Shanling M0 that looks so cute. I was thinking in a LG v20 too.
Any suggestions? Thanks everyone and sorry for my English :) !!

May 11, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #3,045 of 3,265
Hey everyone,

For anyone looking for a Pinnacle P1 with more mid-bass at the sacrifice of some treble extension, the IT01 is a good pick. I owned the P1 for a month and had to send it back for some product issues but I loved the sound and never really forgot it. I recently purchased the iBasso IT01 and I think they're kind of similar with the P1 being more neutral vs. the bass presence of the IT01 but they both sound warm-ish with a slight v-shape. I might have to buy the P1 again one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back