MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Apr 20, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #2,808 of 3,265
  Why am I struggling to get a decent fit with these?  I've tried foam and the silicone ones (all sizes) and can't get a decent fit.  Same issue I've had with iems in the past.  Is there a secret to getting them in properly?  I'm doing the reach behind the ears bit.

Thanks

What is wrong with the fit specifically? Do they fall out? Do they fail to seal? Uncomfortable? Blocked sound?

Different tips address different of those problems.

I actually use the stock double flange tips on these (and on my TFZs), or I would start off suggesting what I use.

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #2,809 of 3,265
Maybe try them down? And some more tip rolling?

Tried most of the tips, foam seems the most consistent.

What is wrong with the fit specifically? Do they fall out? Do they fail to seal? Uncomfortable? Blocked sound?

Different tips address different of those problems.

I actually use the stock double flange tips on these (and on my TFZs), or I would start off suggesting what I use.

I just can't seem to get a decent consistent seal.  Isolation (and therefore bass) seems very poor.  That said I might just have had a break through just now whilst playing about with the fit.  It seems angle plays a part when putting them in.  Foam seems to work best for me so will try for awhile longer.  The only thing I don't like about the p1 is how you have to push it volume wise compared to others.  My custom art music twos are quite happy around the 35 ish range on the sony a35, whilst the p1s are closer to the 60 mark!  Have to double check the volume a bit whilst swopping between iems :)

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #2,810 of 3,265

Tried most of the tips, foam seems the most consistent.
I just can't seem to get a decent consistent seal.  Isolation (and therefore bass) seems very poor.  That said I might just have had a break through just now whilst playing about with the fit.  It seems angle plays a part when putting them in.  Foam seems to work best for me so will try for awhile longer.  The only thing I don't like about the p1 is how you have to push it volume wise compared to others.  My custom art music twos are quite happy around the 35 ish range on the sony a35, whilst the p1s are closer to the 60 mark!  Have to double check the volume a bit whilst swopping between iems :)

If angle is an issue, you may want to try SpinFits. They are designed to bend without distorting the sound and fit very well for most people. Of course, if the Comply tips work, problem solved.

And you are absolutely right about how power-hungry they are. I have to use them on high gain on my DAP at a fairly high output in order to get them to volume. Today, I experimented with my portable amp and found that they scaled up nicely. More body, more definition. Hard to drive for IEMs without an oddly high impedance. But, man, they sound great.

Apr 24, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #2,811 of 3,265
Hi, may I know if the connections of the P1 is closer to the Westones or Shures? I am planning to get the Fiio mmcx replacement cables to replace my current failing stock spc cable. Thanks.

May 2, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #2,814 of 3,265
May 2, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #2,815 of 3,265
Hey guys. I have been thinking about buying these for a while since my CKR9s broke, but was worried about being able to drive them properly. I stumbled across this bundle on amazon that inludes the P1s and a fiio a3 amplifier. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JAOXBFW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A13BNE3P7C8THK

Would the fiio a3 be good enough to drive the p1s out of a Galaxy s7 edge? Thanks.

Easily. My DAP puts 150 mW into 32 ohm and it has no problem driving the P1's. That A3 puts out 270 mW into 32 ohm (450 mW into 16 ohm) and should drive them without breaking a metaphorical sweat. Jump on that bundle. These IEMs are fantastic at $200.

May 2, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #2,818 of 3,265
Thanks guys. Also, I have another question thats probably stupid, but when using the amp should I be maxing volume on the amplifier or my source (galaxy s7). Sorry if off topic.
Always max the volume on the source first. It's often digital volume, so there won't be any negatives, and you'll get bit-perfect output anyhow (unless it's Windows Mixer, which is quite confusing in how it amplifies sound to enormous heights).

May 3, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #2,819 of 3,265
Hey guys. I have been thinking about buying these for a while since my CKR9s broke, but was worried about being able to drive them properly. I stumbled across this bundle on amazon that inludes the P1s and a fiio a3 amplifier. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JAOXBFW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A13BNE3P7C8THK

Would the fiio a3 be good enough to drive the p1s out of a Galaxy s7 edge? Thanks.

I got the same deal and found my HTC 10 drives the P1's fine without the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back