MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Apr 2, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #2,716 of 3,265
It largely depends on what the crossover points are and if there is overlap for a continuous soundwave. In ear is even trickier because of the way you hear. We always hear of neutral or balnced earphone EQ. This is actually false. High frequecy waves travel faster than low frequecy and so on.... A perfectly flat frequency response that close to ypue eardrum frankly wouls sound like dookie. The frequency patterns on IEMs are highly engineered to sound pleasing and with crossovers are purposely overlaped so there isn't any gaps in the audio signal as it is divied up between drivers.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apr 3, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #2,720 of 3,265
I hadn't listened to my P1's for a couple of weeks due to messing around with some Chi-Fi (Tennmak Piano's, Pro's, MEMT x5) and I forgot the detail these things have. They sound incredible. 

Also as a bonus they are the most comfortable IEMS out of the ones I own, and isolate very well with the included triple flanges. 

Apr 3, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #2,721 of 3,265
Isn't the speed of sound dependent on the medium it is travelling through, not the frequency or wavelength? 

My bad. I meant the waves ocillate faster in high frequencies. Your ears percieve them differently than low frequencies. Therefore they have to be adjusted for the frquencies to sound pleasing.

I don't know if the medium changes the constant of speed but like water will transmit sound much further than air.

TWIN

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #2,726 of 3,265
I sold all my DD iems (except CA vega) after hearing the Fostex TE-02n modded by james444. I hesitated selling the P1 and EX1000, but in the end te-02n trumped them all and suited my musical taste best.

read about that mod. Hm sounds like surgery to me. hard to do, ya? lol

Apr 4, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #2,727 of 3,265
I'm was seriously about to pull the trigger on these after the post about the new $149 price tag but the only thing holding me back.....the P2's! Has there been anymore information on what the P2 actually is that I have missed, or when it will come out? Is this lower price of the P1 a sign of a near-future release of the P2? 

Apr 4, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #2,728 of 3,265
  I'm was seriously about to pull the trigger on these after the post about the new $149 price tag but the only thing holding me back.....the P2's! Has there been anymore information on what the P2 actually is that I have missed, or when it will come out? Is this lower price of the P1 a sign of a near-future release of the P2? 

From what I've seen on here the p1 will still be the flagship? Figures if the p2 (from pictues at CES) has a plastic shell etc. 

I may be wrong however. 

Another note, the P1's are incredible for $150.00, I think they are still amazing value for the full asking price, but that's me! 

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #2,729 of 3,265

From what I've seen on here the p1 will still be the flagship? Figures if the p2 (from pictues at CES) has a plastic shell etc. 

I may be wrong however. 

Another note, the P1's are incredible for $150.00, I think they are still amazing value for the full asking price, but that's me! 

Thank you, that echoes what I remember reading in the past, just wasn't sure if that was still the general consensus.(that the P1 is still the flagship) I agree $150 is a steal, just didn't want to finally pull the trigger on these if a new flagship was coming out soon. I haven't bought an IEM in a while and might just snag these up. 
smile.gif

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #2,730 of 3,265
  Thank you, that echoes what I remember reading in the past, just wasn't sure if that was still the general consensus.(that the P1 is still the flagship) I agree $150 is a steal, just didn't want to finally pull the trigger on these if a new flagship was coming out soon. I haven't bought an IEM in a while and might just snag these up. 
smile.gif

You wont be disappointed if you do! Plus you get 2 cables! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back