MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Feb 7, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #2,507 of 3,265
yea I understand too that its just a wax guard. Although I of course clean my ears I think there will still be stuff falling inside. Maybe not a problem for a first month but if you wear it for a year, I think it would not be good for the insides. I will contact Mee

Feb 8, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #2,508 of 3,265
Gawd. These are just AWESOME. I'm currently in total digs of what these are meant to bring out. I'm listening to Gary Clarke Jr's live double albums, and boy oh boy, the P1s can just make guitars wail and sing. The fact that they specialized in highs, it really really adds to the whole immersive experience re: soundstage. Well done Pinnacle. Well done.

Feb 11, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #2,510 of 3,265
I've been looking at both the 1more triple driver and the Mee Pinnacle P1 on Amazon for a few days. I came across a deal that was too good to pass up. I bought the Mee Pinnacle P1 with a Fiio A3 amp, a 3 foot Monoprice patch cable and a 32 gig SDHC memory card for $199.99.I applied for Amazon account, which is through my credit card company Chase. The final cost was $129.99. 

Feb 12, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #2,513 of 3,265
Is Beach an authorized dealer? They are not listed on the MEE site, but buydig.com is listed. Are they the same company? If not, then is the warranty valid if purchased from Beach?

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #2,516 of 3,265
I got my Pinnacle P1 last Wednesday and they are FANTASTIC! Clear, sharp highs, smooth mids and no boomy bass. I'm not a great reviewer so you'll just have to take my word on my perception of the sound. I also got the Fiio A3 headphone amp with the order but I don't see the need for it even with the high impedance of the earphones. With my old Samsung Galaxy S3 and my current phone the BLU Studio 6.0 LTE turning the volume on PowerAmp beyond 60% is to much. I have a new HTC 10 coming Tuesday. I'm anxious to see if there is a difference in sound with its digital output.

Feb 19, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #2,517 of 3,265
I got my Pinnacle P1 last Wednesday and they are FANTASTIC! Clear, sharp highs, smooth mids and no boomy bass. I'm not a great reviewer so you'll just have to take my word on my perception of the sound. I also got the Fiio A3 headphone amp with the order but I don't see the need for it even with the high impedance of the earphones. With my old Samsung Galaxy S3 and my current phone the BLU Studio 6.0 LTE turning the volume on PowerAmp beyond 60% is to much. I have a new HTC 10 coming Tuesday. I'm anxious to see if there is a difference in sound with its digital output.
Congratulations on your new p1!I believe you most probably will notice improvement with your HTC 10.I was considering the a3 but am now looking at the cayin c5.I'm not sure if it's too powerful or just adequate for my pinnacle.

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #2,518 of 3,265
  yea I understand too that its just a wax guard. Although I of course clean my ears I think there will still be stuff falling inside. Maybe not a problem for a first month but if you wear it for a year, I think it would not be good for the insides. I will contact Mee

Funny reading this now. The wax guards on mine fell off last week as I was cleaning my pair as well. Just put on some glue and stuck them back, hoping that they'll stay for awhile haha.

Feb 27, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #2,519 of 3,265
When I received them the amount of bass let me kind of perplex but by playing with them in my ears I could tell it has probably something to do with seal and since none of the tips supplied in the box gave me a satisfactory seal, I decide to invest in the JVC Spiral dots without believing  an instant those would give me any improvement, and I must say I was wrong the JVC Spiral dots saved my IEM I was almost ready to send them back, now they are  just Perfect.

So for people who gave up on this nice IEM just give a try to those tips I am absolutely not afiliate with JVC.

Feb 27, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #2,520 of 3,265
  When I received them the amount of bass let me kind of perplex but by playing with them in my ears I could tell it has probably something to do with seal and since none of the tips supplied in the box gave me a satisfactory seal, I decide to invest in the JVC Spiral dots without believing  an instant those would give me any improvement, and I must say I was wrong the JVC Spiral dots saved my IEM I was almost ready to send them back, now they are  just Perfect.

So for people who gave up on this nice IEM just give a try to those tips I am absolutely not afiliate with JVC.

^ Exactly right!  Spiral dots bring out the best in these. Get a good seal, push them in deep - there's plenty of tight, low, super clean bass that doesn't hemorrhage into the mids!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back