MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Jan 25, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #2,476 of 3,265
I still haven't worked out how to use ARTA to measure an impedance curve.  I'm 99.9% sure its flat though - most single DDs tend to be.  And when I measured frequency curves with different cables, and with an impedance adaptor - they produced the same curve shape.

Quote:
  Has anyone seen or done impedance measurements for the P1? I know the nominal impedance is 50 ohm, but with all the reports of these being tougher to drive than one would expect, I wonder if they have a different measured impedance or a large impedance spike (as many dynamic drivers do).

I believe @Brooko has

Jan 25, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #2,477 of 3,265
Interesting... I assumed dynamic IEMs would have impedance changes like dynamic headphones often do. Maybe it's a size thing? Anyway, it's good to know.

Thanks for the info!

Jan 25, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #2,478 of 3,265
  Interesting... I assumed dynamic IEMs would have impedance changes like dynamic headphones often do. Maybe it's a size thing? Anyway, it's good to know.

Thanks for the info!

Not all dynamic headphones have significant impedance changes. Look at the differences here. Putting a resistor in series with the DT 880 32 ohm would have little effect except to change the volume. Even the DT 880 250 ohm is not that great of a variance.

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=7&graphID[]=963&graphID[]=2851&graphID[]=953&scale=30

Jan 25, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #2,479 of 3,265
Hence, "often."

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #2,482 of 3,265
  What tips do you use/recommend? I lost my box full of tips and currently i use the small complys.

Some seem to love the Spinfits. I tried the Sony Hybrids, but didn't like how much it reduced the treble sparkle 

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #2,484 of 3,265
  Some seem to love the Spinfits. I tried the Sony Hybrids, but didn't like how much it reduced the treble sparkle 

While at first I didn't like the Spinfits, I have used the Small ones and gone for a deeper insertion, this seems to be the best way and the sound is great, the highs are smooth and the bass is equal in quality to the Comply I was using, not to mention much easier to live with. Not as isolating but still a good deal of noise blocking. 

Jim

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #2,486 of 3,265
What tips do you use/recommend? I lost my box full of tips and currently i use the small complys.

Spiral dots are by far the best for me. They seal properly to get good bass and don't kill the highs like the spinfits, Sony hybrids and comply tips. The Mee biflange tips sound the best but aren't as comfortable as the spiral dots.

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #2,488 of 3,265
  Those of you who use an iphone + amp, what volume do you set the source to? Is there any distortion setting the source to max?

If you're using the digital audio out (via CCK) then no, no distortion setting it to max. If you're using the headphone jack (assuming you still have one lol) straight to an amp, then I'm not really sure. It would result in "double-amping" which some say can cause distortion. 

-Collin-

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #2,489 of 3,265
Hi, I was wondering for people that owned these for a while if the mmcx connectors have had the issue spinning in place. Also please let me know if anyone has had this issue with replacement cables. What replacement cables could I use. Does any cable with the same connector work? Thank you. 

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #2,490 of 3,265
  Hi, I was wondering for people that owned these for a while if the mmcx connectors have had the issue spinning in place. Also please let me know if anyone has had this issue with replacement cables. What replacement cables could I use. Does any cable with the same connector work? Thank you. 

MMCX connectors have the ability to spin while being connected (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMCX_connector), your IEM is perfectly fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back