MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Jan 9, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #2,401 of 3,265
It will be EASIER to drive if its lower-impedance, not harder.

Yes, it seems its gonna be marketed more to the mass audience, and even more for portable, non-amped sources. But my point is that Mee is still considering it as the sucessor to the P1, whether its what we were wanting or hoping for, or expecting.

Whatever it is or isnt, it wont make my P1 sound bad now. :wink:

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #2,402 of 3,265

Yes, it seems its gonna be marketed more to the mass audience, and even more for portable, non-amped sources. But my point is that Mee is still considering it as the sucessor to the P1, whether its what we were wanting or hoping for, or expecting.

Whatever it is or isnt, it wont make my P1 sound bad now.
wink.gif

NOTHING can make my P1 sound bad.  P1 made me sell most of the IEMS and cans I had on hand, no reason to keep most things when the P1 beats everything and fits so well.

P2 will make a good gift for me to give away if the price is around $100.  Look forward to hearing more about them.  

Jan 10, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #2,403 of 3,265

wink.gif

It is fine if it makes the P1 sound bad at a higher price.However, if it makes the P1 sound bad at a lower price then...
blink.gif

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #2,404 of 3,265

wink.gif

It actually is harder to drive.

If this is marketed towards those who use cell phones and similar crowd I'm definitely interested. My phone is my source more often than not and I do have a 25% off coupon for their website I want to use eventually. My P1 sounds great regardless of what these turn out to be so no worries there. At the $200 price range there really isn't much to complain about.

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #2,405 of 3,265
It actually is harder to drive.

If this is marketed towards those who use cell phones and similar crowd I'm definitely interested. My phone is my source more often than not and I do have a 25% off coupon for their website I want to use eventually. My P1 sounds great regardless of what these turn out to be so no worries there. At the $200 price range there really isn't much to complain about.

We dont know the impedance/spl sensitivity specs for the P2 as yet, but so says Mee Electronics: "the P2 features a smartphone-friendly low-impedance acoustic setup"
The manufacturer is saying unequivocally for this case use the P2 is 'easier' to drive vs the P1, as it is marketed for the mass consumers who are using the low-voltage output of a smartphone to drive them, not a high-voltage stand-alone amp. The term "easier" or "harder to drive" is completely relevant to the proper matching of the components. But the stated component here is a smartphone, and as such the sensitivity is higher for the given low-voltage output.

Jan 11, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #2,406 of 3,265
Just got my P1 and I am absolutely loving them as this is the closest i have come to an IEM resembling the musicality of my HD600s while being almost perfectly sibilance free. The added bass is an extra bonus too. So now, i was wondering about how durable they are. They look sturdy and all but they are rated at 4.2/5 on Amazon with a lot of the reviews claiming issues down the line. Anyone here faced such issues and how is the service of MEE Audio by the way?

Jan 11, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #2,407 of 3,265
[COLOR=222222]Just got my P1 and I am absolutely loving them as this is the closest i have come to an IEM resembling the musicality of my HD600s while being almost perfectly sibilance free. The added bass is an extra bonus too. So now, i was wondering about how durable they are. They look sturdy and all but they are rated at 4.2/5 on Amazon with a lot of the reviews claiming issues down the line. Anyone here faced such issues and how is the service of MEE Audio by the way?[/COLOR]
They are very durable and mee audio's customer service is great.

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #2,409 of 3,265
  Just got my P1 and I am absolutely loving them as this is the closest i have come to an IEM resembling the musicality of my HD600s while being almost perfectly sibilance free. The added bass is an extra bonus too. So now, i was wondering about how durable they are. They look sturdy and all but they are rated at 4.2/5 on Amazon with a lot of the reviews claiming issues down the line. Anyone here faced such issues and how is the service of MEE Audio by the way?

IEM is very durable but hi fi sliver plated ofc cable not so much 

Jan 11, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #2,412 of 3,265
  Really? Does the cable fail easily? Because i was asking the same question on Reddit and one guy said he is on his 5th cable (although all have been replaced so far by MEE Audio).

yes, there is a weak link between cable and the jack all i did was just bend down with it in my jacket pocket under use during shopping, i won't even want to get a replacement cable from mee 60+usd with shipment and order some custom cable that cost around 100usd ( 40 usd increase wasn't that much )

Jan 11, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #2,413 of 3,265
[COLOR=222222]Just got my P1 and I am absolutely loving them as this is the closest i have come to an IEM resembling the musicality of my HD600s while being almost perfectly sibilance free. The added bass is an extra bonus too. So now, i was wondering about how durable they are. They look sturdy and all but they are rated at 4.2/5 on Amazon with a lot of the reviews claiming issues down the line. Anyone here faced such issues and how is the service of MEE Audio by the way?[/COLOR]

I was an early reviewer of the P1 on Amazon. Ive not experienced any problems whatsoever with mine, including the cords. I do have another third-party cord that has volume/track buttons that i also use... But its been great for me. Glad you are enjoying yours!

Jan 13, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #2,415 of 3,265
I don't really like the stock cables that come with the P1 so I'm looking for a custom cable that has android controls. Is there one where you  have the play,pause, next, previous as well as the volume control buttons? I know plussound audio has an option for a one button control but without the volume. Any idea for an alternative or is plussound the only option?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back