MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Dec 1, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #2,206 of 3,265

I heavily, heavily recommend trying the double flange, spin fits, or foams. The triple is absolutely amazing with isolation, but the long bore congests the sound. 

I tried it with new spin fits and with foams as well. But I did not like the sound at all. I hear more detail only with the triple flange. Also I am not fan of large sound stageand the spin fits made it even larger. As a matter of fact I might be really into this "congested" sound. I guess we all hear differently.

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #2,208 of 3,265
  I admit I haven't done them head to head, but I found the P1 easier to listen to than the se846 even. It doesn't have the authority in the low end, and I still think the se846 is an absolute marvelous gem of IEM tech, but the P1 doesn't seem to require me to key into that low end power to "get" the sound.

Well, at 5 times the price the 846 damn well better be an improvement, lol. 

I'm absolutely in love with my DX80+P1 pair up. The DX80 has an ever so slightly warm sound sig, so when paired up with the P1 it gives a wonderfully balanced, natural sound. The sheer amount of detail is breathtaking, But of course, a balanced sound sig isn't for everyone. If someone tends to only listen to 1 specific genre of music, then I guess it makes sense to get a setup with a sound sig that "bests" portrays that genre. I however listen to a vast range of genres, so I feel a balanced sig is more applicable to my taste 

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #2,209 of 3,265
I received it today, I LOVE HOW THEY SOUND, BUT the same way I hate the treble peak in some songs for example the cymbals sound awful in others the letter S and C, I'm can't stand it, it's there some way to eliminate it?. i'm using a dragonfly black.

I order the spinfit and the jvc spiral dots, they help with the peak treble?.

sorry I'm very new in this and they are my first pair of iem.

thank you in advance. 

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #2,210 of 3,265
I received it today, I LOVE HOW THEY SOUND, BUT the same way I hate the treble peak in some songs for example the cymbals sound awful in others the letter S and C, I'm can't stand it, it's there some way to eliminate it?. i'm using a dragonfly black.

I order the spinfit and the jvc spiral dots, they help with the peak treble?.

sorry I'm very new in this and they are my first pair of iem.

thank you in advance. 

In my experience, Comply and Triple Flange tips help to subdue any treble peaks you might be experiencing. Give them a try...

Dec 2, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #2,211 of 3,265
Comparison between P1 and Torque Audio t096z. First the TA does not have removable cable. Don't get me wrong, it is a very premium looking and performing cable but is not removable and P1 has two. Second, build quality is equally great except that the left ear nozzle wax filter of P1 felt off the first 10 min!!! Ordered some large shure foam tips with built in wax filter. I never had any wax issues but for the price I paid for P1 - $169 I expect the filters to stay in place. Regarding the sound is not so easy because TA comes with 6 different pairs of tunable filters that sound dramatically different from each other. I listen only with the red balanced filters so my observation is based entirely on using them with this sound profile. First, the bass is definitely better on TA. It has better definition and it blends better with the rest of the frequencies. The highs are very refined and controlled on t096z but they do not change much using different dacs/amps. I strongly suspect the P1 highs will sound better than TAs using higher end dacs such as my favorite Grace Design or my cousin's Mojo. Mids are on par, but slightly recessed, I prefer a little more forward mids but in no way is a deal breaker. The stereo and instrument separation is much better on TA compared to P1, different league actually. Vocals are simply great using P1, more engaging and lively. Imaging is close, maybe P1 is slightly better but I need to listen to them a lot longer to confirm or deny, it's really close in a very positive way. TAs are a lot easier to drive but for me this is irrelevant, I don't use my phone to listen to music :) The TA sound is great but for a long listening session probably will chose P1, very easy sound. Details of the TA are better, but the sound is more intimate in a way, not very specious compared to P1. Both are win in my book but this review might change based on different genres, gear and ear tips I am going to try.

P.S. Both Pinnacle P1 and Torque Audio t096z are better to my ears than Westone UM Pro 50 and Shure SE535. UM Pro 50 is such a disappointment, darker and less clarity and detail for much higher price. And thanks for @Brooko for the wonderful review of P1.

Dec 2, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #2,213 of 3,265
In my experience, Comply and Triple Flange tips help to subdue any treble peaks you might be experiencing. Give them a try...

Foams absolutely help.

A quick glance at the FR curve explains it:

Probably explains why I like these and the HD700s so much.

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #2,214 of 3,265
  Foams absolutely help.

I tried them with the comply tips and did not really like the sound at first but friend of mine told me to try the Shure foam tips. They have built in them wax filter and that is a significant advantage to me. I already ordered them, Sunday they should arrive. The issue is that the wax filter felt off right away from the nozzle of P1 and if I like their sound will remove the other one from the right earbud. I would like to use this earphones for some time so having a wax filter is important to me,

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #2,215 of 3,265
Hi. I have a question has anyone had a chance to compare Pinnacle P1 to Final Audio Design Heaven VI or IV by chance? They are older models and still quite expensive compared to P1 but friend who works at an audio store in Japan can purchase Heaven VI at dealer price for me and I know this company has almost religious following in Asia :) But I am not in the business of buying things I am not going to use and that is why I am asking if someone heard them before.  

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #2,216 of 3,265
  Hi. I have a question has anyone had a chance to compare Pinnacle P1 to Final Audio Design Heaven VI or IV by chance? They are older models and still quite expensive compared to P1 but friend who works at an audio store in Japan can purchase Heaven VI at dealer price for me and I know this company has almost religious following in Asia :) But I am not in the business of buying things I am not going to use and that is why I am asking if someone heard them before.  

I don't know that specific model but I've tried FA products before, and IMO it comes down to this: what kind of sound signature do you like? Bassy with some treble, or more mid-focused?

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #2,220 of 3,265
  Foams absolutely help.

Interesting FR curve. However, it does not even begin to match the 3 other P1 FR curves that I have seen. Every other curve shows a trough at 1 kHz and a peak at 3 kHz. All 4 curves do show a peak around 10 kHz. All 4 do look similar between 20 Hz and 1 kHz, but the other 3 show a rise beginning at 1.5 kHz and continuing up to 3 kHz. My ears also tell me that there is a bit of a peak at 3-4 kHz with my P1 using either SpinFit or Comply ear tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back