MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
May 17, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #1,126 of 3,265
The
Sup guys, I want some advice regarding the P1, I notice that it comes with some fancy accessories, detachable cables, 2 cables, these all contribute to its higher price, is there an IEM with similar performance but without all these accessories/features because they are of no use for me. Thanks for the honest answer.

RHA MA750's (i version is inline mic) are close. Only come with one cable, many tips, quality case and simply outstanding build quality. Sound is SLIGHTLY less warm than the P1. This was my best pair until my P1 purchase and I compared the two in my P1 review, here's the RHA excerpt:

"Lastly the RHA's are my most recent purchase prior to the P1's. These are the best built headphones I have ever owned, period. Yes limited data base, but still solid. Warm, dark and inviting the 750's are like that late night after party off the beach, and only the most hip and respected are invited to the after party. These are the after party. This is the pair you grab when you want to enjoy that fine single malt Scotch (pun intended since they are Scottish) deep into the night as the cool ocean breeze waifs over you. This is the pair, that not only represents the finest single-malt, they are held by the big log-throwing full bearded gent in the kilt. They do not hide their true identity. Warm, robust, slightly dark, and full. Spacious in stage, separate and complex in instrumentation, this is one heckuva pair. If there is a downside, and this is slight, they are a bit forward and bright for some music. Loud piercing vocals or rock can be a smidge, and I say smidge too much for long periods. Thankfully this is few and far between tracks I own. Until the P1's came along, this was my favorite pair."

My DUNU Titan 1's while very good, and crystal clear sound nothing like the two above, and sit in my backpack...I listen almost exclusively to the MA's and P1's.

The P1 is slightly fuller to me, a smidge more bass, and separation. I bought the RHA's in Amazon scratch-n-dent (absolutely nothing wrong with them, just the plastic form which held them...) for $62/shipped. I like them both.

Hope this helps.

May 17, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #1,127 of 3,265
Thanks for the great reply!

2 last questions:

-Will there be a difference between the MA750 and P1 if playing not so high quality MP3 (128k, 192k), gaming, youtube? 

-Is the over ear design of the MA750 comfortable?

I can afford both but I don't need all the fancy accessory and I feel that the P1 is bulky and less attractive than the MA750.

May 17, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #1,128 of 3,265
Matt (@harry501501 ) - I PM'd you

MEE P1 is going to be the closest you can get to the Delta with gunmetal - but with better bass, and better vocal presence.  I've sent you graphs.

May 17, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #1,129 of 3,265
The

RHA MA750's (i version is inline mic) are close. Only come with one cable, many tips, quality case and simply outstanding build quality. Sound is SLIGHTLY less warm than the P1. This was my best pair until my P1 purchase and I compared the two in my P1 review, here's the RHA excerpt:

"Lastly the RHA's are my most recent purchase prior to the P1's. These are the best built headphones I have ever owned, period. Yes limited data base, but still solid. Warm, dark and inviting the 750's are like that late night after party off the beach, and only the most hip and respected are invited to the after party. These are the after party. This is the pair you grab when you want to enjoy that fine single malt Scotch (pun intended since they are Scottish) deep into the night as the cool ocean breeze waifs over you. This is the pair, that not only represents the finest single-malt, they are held by the big log-throwing full bearded gent in the kilt. They do not hide their true identity. Warm, robust, slightly dark, and full. Spacious in stage, separate and complex in instrumentation, this is one heckuva pair. If there is a downside, and this is slight, they are a bit forward and bright for some music. Loud piercing vocals or rock can be a smidge, and I say smidge too much for long periods. Thankfully this is few and far between tracks I own. Until the P1's came along, this was my favorite pair."

My DUNU Titan 1's while very good, and crystal clear sound nothing like the two above, and sit in my backpack...I listen almost exclusively to the MA's and P1's.

The P1 is slightly fuller to me, a smidge more bass, and separation. I bought the RHA's in Amazon scratch-n-dent (absolutely nothing wrong with them, just the plastic form which held them...) for $62/shipped. I like them both.

Hope this helps.

Do you think P1s are good upgrade from RHA MA750?

May 17, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #1,130 of 3,265
Thanks for the great reply!

2 last questions:

-Will there be a difference between the MA750 and P1 if playing not so high quality MP3 (128k, 192k), gaming, youtube? 

-Is the over ear design of the MA750 comfortable?

I can afford both but I don't need all the fancy accessory and I feel that the P1 is bulky and less attractive than the MA750.

P1 is a "tougher fit" over he ear. 750's you drape over, and a little attached "weight" keeps the cable in place quite nicely behind the ear.

P1 is also less forgiving with low quality music. RHA's don't mind as much.

Both are really comfortable, and P1 is not bulky at all. It really is a great piece of kit. So is the RHA. Fit-wise, I would put the P1 ahead, due to the curvaceous shape, but RHA is no slouch.

Hope this helps.

May 17, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #1,131 of 3,265
Do you think P1s are good upgrade from RHA MA750?

I like my P1's better. That said, if I had to put numbers out there: 75/25 listening, P1/MA750. I still regularly listen to the RHA's, but do like the P1's more. Even for the price difference I paid. And yes, P1 (IMO) would be a worthy upgrade to the 750's.

Hope this helps, too!

May 17, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #1,133 of 3,265
  P1 is available again on Jet.com for $135 less a 15% discount.  Final cost $115 with no tax, free shipping and returns.

You do get the extra tax payment when you add it to your cart. It's about $9 if you happen to live in NY.

May 17, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #1,134 of 3,265
P1 is available again on Jet.com for $135 less a 15% discount.  Final cost $115 with no tax, free shipping and returns.

So if you do it right, for the retail price of the P1's, you can get those and the RHA MA750's...pretty sweet set up.

May 17, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #1,137 of 3,265
al**** said:
Hi I can't seem to apply the 15NEW promo code. How did you do it?

Use 15TODAY.

May 17, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #1,138 of 3,265
Made an order from jet.com few hours ago.... for those of you that ordered from there, under "my order", does it still say "in progress"?

Also, for the earlier batch of people who ordered from there, have you received your phones yet? What are your early impressions?

Many thanks!

May 17, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #1,140 of 3,265
Signed up to say, beware when ordering through Jet.  I was about to jump on that deal but called MEE first and they said that they will not warranty P1s purchased through Jet.  Seeing as how they had production issues and b-stock usually goes to bargain sellers like Jet, proceed with caution.  I think I'll be skipping it and just hang onto my order from an authorized reseller, which is arriving this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back