MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Jul 16, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #1,666 of 3,265
I concur. Man, I wish I would have been able to keep this review tour unit. I've just put up my review on these beauties. I had the Fidue Sirius right after these, and the Sirius didn't move me as much. Some of that is the price. The Sirius is better, but not 5x the price better and a bit too rich in tone for me. Beautiful headphone, the Sirius, but if I could keep one of the two, I'd keep the Pinnacle.

Check out the review here, if you like.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/mee-audio-pinnacle-p1-high-fidelity-audiophile-in-ear-headphones-with-detachable-cables/reviews/16445

Great review (and choice of video clips). Getting to hear the Sirius afterwards must have been a real hardship, too - only recently discovered Fidue (and the A83, not the flagship, sadly), but if the Sirius sounds better than the A83 then those are two seriously high grade IEMs to be treating your ears with.

Jul 16, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #1,667 of 3,265
I concur. Man, I wish I would have been able to keep this review tour unit. I've just put up my review on these beauties. I had the Fidue Sirius right after these, and the Sirius didn't move me as much. Some of that is the price. The Sirius is better, but not 5x the price better and a bit too rich in tone for me. Beautiful headphone, the Sirius, but if I could keep one of the two, I'd keep the Pinnacle.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/mee-audio-pinnacle-p1-high-fidelity-audiophile-in-ear-headphones-with-detachable-cables/reviews/16445

Nice review. Adds new info while confirming/reaffirming info from others reviews.

Cheers!

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #1,668 of 3,265

$300 bucks? How about $200.

And, are we talking about the Cayin C5?

LOL,yes,$200-

Hope I didn't scare you?,anyway,Good luck 
Post back after you spend time with them-OK?

Mike

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #1,670 of 3,265
  So I bought a used "Like New" pair of P1 on Amazon Prime Day.  They showed up today.  The presentation in the box is amazing, and they appear very sturdy and nice to hold in your hands.  However, when I listened to them I immediately noticed the right driver sounded different from the left...it was muffled and the highs just weren't there.  Tried a bunch of tracks and gave up on them, packed them up, and back to Amazon they go today.  I'll try again with a new pair in the near future.

Rod,
If you do get another pair,one thing to watch out for,.
There is a very small filter inside the earcup opening,{you have to take the tip off,to see it},there is a small metal? filter inside,near the top of the earcup
Sometimes,these come out,or worse,fall inside the earcup itself
I had to send mine back to Mee,because when I looked for them,they were missing,luckily,I am still under warranty,and Melisaa at Mee sent me a prepaid mailer,and they will be repaired ,then shipped back to me
To everyone,please Note
If you do have any kind of problem,contact Melissa at customer support...she is the BEST,and super fast.

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #1,671 of 3,265
  Rod,
If you do get another pair,one thing to watch out for,.
There is a very small filter inside the earcup opening,{you have to take the tip off,to see it},there is a small metal? filter inside,near the top of the earcup
Sometimes,these come out,or worse,fall inside the earcup itself
I had to send mine back to Mee,because when I looked for them,they were missing,luckily,I am still under warranty,and Melisaa at Mee sent me a prepaid mailer,and they will be repaired ,then shipped back to me
To everyone,please Note
If you do have any kind of problem,contact Melissa at customer support...she is the BEST,and super fast.

Thanks for that.  The filters were there.  I'm confident the right driver was faulty.

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #1,673 of 3,265
OK,Just you know,
Sometimes when I'm tip rolling ,I'm a bit rough,so,mine probably fell out ,then

Later
Mike

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #1,674 of 3,265

Thanks for the link, I too had the Sirius around the same time I got the P1 and I only took me a few days to realise the pinnacle punches so high above its weight. That's also when I came to the horrific conclusion if I want to upgrade from here and it be worth it in a sq jump I'd have to spend some serious coin.

As audio123 put it, for £179 it's and engineering marvel.

I will keep on praising it because of the serious lack of enthusiasm with this iem here on head fi.

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #1,675 of 3,265
Hi
Does anyone know how these compare with the shure 535? ,have recently purchased a pair, and disappointed with lack of bass, great headphones for the other characteristics of audio quality,
So many comments on here about how good they are,I have a pair of Dunu 2000 which are quite nice.
Cheers Steve

Jul 17, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #1,676 of 3,265
  LOL,yes,$200-

Hope I didn't scare you?,anyway,Good luck 
Post back after you spend time with them-OK?

Mike

Already got them a few weeks back. Truly a gem.

Jul 17, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #1,678 of 3,265
Hi Floss,
I just got the C5,yesterday.
It is by far the finest portable amp ,I have ever owned,{-just bought he Fiio E-12 5 days ago ,as well.,now its up for sale}
If I had to do a blind test,I would think,I was listening to my desktop Asgaard 2 amp

The only negative is ,the battery,will need to be charged every couple,of days,..{this coming from the previous owner}

toadyAs I rarely use a portable rig ,outside,,this is not an issue

Re:-the P1's,
I have been in this hobby for 5 years,,and own 8-9 pairs of IEM's...not CIEM'S
The P'1's are my finest.
The music will envelope you,to a point ,you don't want to stop listening
IMHO ,they are best earphones made,and the tech support is outstanding

I know,I know..$300.00 bucks is a lot of money,but take my word for it,you wont regret it..they are a FINE earphone

Hope this helps,
Mike

Thanks Mike!

That really helps with making the leap and purchasing the p1's, especially coming from someone who has tried several iem's before. Were you referring to the Cayin C5 or the JDS labs C5? Im looking at purchasibg the C5D by JDS and i was asking about the JDS C5D as the amp section in those two are the same. Thanks for the impressions anyhow!

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #1,680 of 3,265
Thanks Mike!

That really helps with making the leap and purchasing the p1's, especially coming from someone who has tried several iem's before. Were you referring to the Cayin C5 or the JDS labs C5? Im looking at purchasibg the C5D by JDS and i was asking about the JDS C5D as the amp section in those two are the same. Thanks for the impressions anyhow!

I was referring to the Cayin,but,I came very close to grabbing the JDS C5,it got great reviews.
Also,I bought the Fiio E-12,which is also a great amp.,but ,the Cayin has a wider soundstage..

The battery on the Cayin,is beginning to get on my nerves,so,?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back