Mee a151(on sale) or Sunrise Xcited/Impresive models?
Jul 2, 2011 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Memento

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Just about to make a purchase and thought I would ask you guys for some advice if thats okay.Mee electronics has a sale on,
I wasnt planning to buy an IEM at all as im poor and going to start studying soon BUT MEE sent me this dam email 33% off and it sent me on a spiral which has led me staying awake until 5am reading reviews on IEM's to see which which I need to buy now....

Okay, Ive narrowed it down to the original choice Mee a151(ive had the m6's before and M9's) fairly happy with sq but definatly not blown away or supirsed, but the build quality has been great. After reading reviews and realising postage will cost $20 Us to Australia with the sale it rounds off at ¬65 Aud total, now I orginally always wanted the Re0's but im worried about build quality as I go running/ excersing and even fall asleep sometimes with my IEM. So I scribbled them of the list( aswell as cositing $20 more). Now I've heard that the new Sunrise range can rival the Re0's in terms of overall performance, and for about $75(10 more) I could get these instead...but am I correct to be worried about durability whilst running ect?Also a151's dam spiral cord has got me so dam obsessed it just looks so nice.

Anyway..
As for my preference in sound, I am really trying to get something that rivals my 6.5inch Focal audio splits on my car (in an IEM :D). Clear, Amazing roll off(the sound just rolls from low to mid to high without my knowledge) great seperation/clarity and great defined mid bass kick(I listen to alot of heavy metal/ alternative music). And also durability is a big factor I guess aswell as I CANNOT afford another pair for around the next 3 years.Thanks for any help guys

Jul 3, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 3
The MEEs have a warmer sound compared to the rest of the headphones listed.  They might suit the sound you are looking for.  They aren't as detailed though.  Make sure you can get a good fit with them.  I did find some resonance (loud ringing/spike) somewhere in the mid-high range.  This might be just me though (and my ears/shape of them). 

The other three listed have similar signatures from what I understand.  They are incredibly detailed, bright, and [some say; I disagree] dry.  They are also really flat and neutral.  I hope this can help you decide which to get.

EDIT: I just realized that you asked about a BA that sounds like a dynamic and dynamics that sound like BAs...  Kinda' ironic if you think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back