Medium/Small Over-Ear Headphones
Jul 30, 2017 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

NilsOlav

Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm looking for some medium/small over-ear headphones to use while at work. I don't like in-ear headphones, and I don't want something full size because I don't want to look goofy at my work desk with some giant over-ear headphones. They don't have to be noise-cancelling---in fact, I think its a pro to not have noise cancelling, so I can hear if someone stops by my desk to talk to me. I will primarily be listening to ambient music at work, if that helps to narrow down a suggestion.

Anyways....any recs would be appreciated! Anywhere from $50 up to $200 at the most is what I'm looking to spend.

-Nils

Jul 30, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 6
Any good closed over-ear is going to make it quite difficult to hear what is going on around you--that is sort of the point of such a headphone. Would you consider an on-ear, which would help ameliorate that problem? Also, is it important that others not be able to hear your music at all while you are listening?

Jul 31, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #4 of 6
The best option IMO for you would probably be a Senn HD1 On-ear. You should be able to get it for around $200--maybe just a tad more. A very nice headphone and definitely on-ear.

Aug 3, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #5 of 6
The best option IMO for you would probably be a Senn HD1 On-ear. You should be able to get it for around $200--maybe just a tad more. A very nice headphone and definitely on-ear.

Hmm, I already have a pair of Sennheisers at home that are similar to that. Are there any interesting on-ear headphones with a "clamp" design where they clamp onto your ear (without squeezing too much or being uncomfortable)? Just for something different, I think that would be interesting.

Aug 3, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #6 of 6
Not sure exactly what that would be. You might check out a Grado and see what you think. It is possible one of them could potentially work for you. And there is always the Koss KTX Pro1, which sounds much, much better than its modest price. Also worth checking out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back