Medieval CUE Splitter
Mar 23, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 7
If i remember correctly, there was a problem with Medieval Cue splitter, it doesn't losslessly split the files.
Myself, i would just use Foobar2000 to split the file, and it has the built-in function "Bit compare tracks" that can make sure the split files are identical to the 1 file+CUE.

Mar 24, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
If i remember correctly, there was a problem with Medieval Cue splitter, it doesn't losslessly split the files.
Myself, i would just use Foobar2000 to split the file, and it has the built-in function "Bit compare tracks" that can make sure the split files are identical to the 1 file+CUE.

What problems?
I've tried Medieval CUE Splitter on few albums/files....
Did listen to songs I've split from whole file/album, sounds very good - same...

Did check size of all songs vs. image - single file, it got little more in size - 474,043,867 bytes - of all songs in a folder vs. 473,626,564 - single file - whole album....

What's possible loss can be in using Medieval?

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #6 of 7
Cuetools is better, medieval sometimes can't split the cue that I want.

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #7 of 7
Been using Medieval for years.  The probs folks talked about was cutting out sound on some cue splits near the end, from what I read.  I have never experienced this myself though.  I rip a lot of gapless (trance, house, live etc.) CDs and all are always perfect.

I use three cue splitting programs (Medieval, CueTools and Foobar).  EAC ripped + any one of these does the job great.  I store all my CD rips in WAV cues done by CueTools for easy future cd burning and archiving.

Foobar is also excellent if you set it up correctly with tags and if you rip vinyl, Foobar is the go to splitter because it will handle 16/44.1 and beyond whereas the other two are 16/44.1 only (unless a recent update has changed this, but doubtful).

On a side note, if you want to make cues in Foobar you must install foo_cuesheet_creator.dll.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back