Medical Comedy YouTube Experiment
Aug 23, 2010 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

zdogg

100+ Head-Fier
Whoa, it's been a while since I posted on this forum! Still rockin' the headphones (K-701's these days), but life/baby/career obstruct me as usual from audiophile nirvana. I'm a doctor in the Bay Area, and a buddy from med school and I have been blowing off steam by posting ridiculous videos on YouTube. The goal is to make people laugh but hopefully ultimately have some educational component. As a highly educated but generally non-medical bunch, I'd love any feedback from all y'all audiophile lunatics! Let me know just how much these suck, we're working on more and are always trying to make them better. The channel on YouTube is http://youtube.com/user/zdoggmd

Here are some samples:

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 7
That's some funny stuff!

Great to see doctors with a sense of humour but with a proper sense of professional responsibility! My doctor is an older fella who cracks some rather inappropriate jokes or just smile at strange times... Also, he's probably going senile.

Example:

I get my ultrasound results back and it turns out I have gallstones, he refers to me by my brother's name, which I correct him, and says that it's abnormal for someone who is 16 to get gallstones... which at the time I was 20 and corrected him again. Then he told me I have one tiny little stone in my left kidney and smiles about it. So I resisted strangling him with a stethoscope and have not gone back in quite some time. I've been living off Buscopan and Nexium via phone orders since.

Again, lovely videos and please keep them coming!

Aug 24, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
I get my ultrasound results back and it turns out I have gallstones, he refers to me by my brother's name, which I correct him, and says that it's abnormal for someone who is 16 to get gallstones... which at the time I was 20 and corrected him again. Then he told me I have one tiny little stone in my left kidney and smiles about it. So I resisted strangling him with a stethoscope and have not gone back in quite some time. I've been living off Buscopan and Nexium via phone orders since.

Again, lovely videos and please keep them coming!

Ah, glad to know that bad bedside manners aren't limited to docs in the US! Sorry about your stones, and thanks for the feedback. There are more vids on the channel on YouTube if you're interested. We're currently working on an R&B/Rap tune about sexually transmitted diseases called "Pull n' Pray". Gotta love Garageband on the Mac and having a DJ friend who can whip me up some beats. It's looking to be loco. Sample line:

Like Steven Seagal herpes is hard to kill,
there's a pill,
that'll maybe cause the ill to chill,
but you still
have to tell your future wife,
that those blisters on her mister
spell 'simplex for life'!"

Man, I have too much time on my hands after all 
redface.gif

Aug 24, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #4 of 7
I thoroughly enjoyed all three of those videos. And I also was not aware of NSAIDs leading to ulcers. I had a roommate that would, for whatever reason, take Advil every night yet complain that it never made that pain in his stomach go away...

Aug 24, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
I thoroughly enjoyed all three of those videos. And I also was not aware of NSAIDs leading to ulcers. I had a roommate that would, for whatever reason, take Advil every night yet complain that it never made that pain in his stomach go away...

Yup. I get a lot of folks like that who try to take ibuprofen type medications for stomach pain only to have their pain get worse. The side effects can be really nasty, worse in the elderly or people with multiple other medical problems. I stick with tylenol myself for pain when I can. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back