Media player 11??
Dec 15, 2006 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nick77

100+ Head-Fier
Do I need to play wav files from winamp or another program in order to stay lossless or is media player 11 ok? Useing eac to rip copies and wondering if microsoft media player is lossless? Thanks

Dec 15, 2006 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do I need to play wav files from winamp or another program in order to stay lossless or is media player 11 ok? Useing eac to rip copies and wondering if microsoft media player is lossless? Thanks

You can most definately play .wav files in WMP11. You could even encode those .wav files into WMA lossless files, which would save you some space. The main advantage that Foobar2k, Winamp, and JRMC have over WMP11 and iTunes (on PC) is that they can output via ASIO. ASIO output bypasses the internal mixer (kmixer) in Windows making it possible to acheive bit-perfect output to a reciever, DAC, or to some higher-end sound cards.

Dec 15, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can most definately play .wav files in WMP11. You could even encode those .wav files into WMA lossless files, which would save you some space. The main advantage that Foobar2k, Winamp, and JRMC have over WMP11 and iTunes (on PC) is that they can output via ASIO. ASIO output bypasses the internal mixer (kmixer) in Windows making it possible to acheive bit-perfect output to a reciever, DAC, or to some higher-end sound cards.

I am sending this to mid-grade electronics (hk635) would I be able to tell the difference between players with av710 card? Thanks for the info!

Dec 15, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sending this to mid-grade electronics (hk635) would I be able to tell the difference between players with av710 card? Thanks for the info!

If you were using ASIO output you would. If not, then you won't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back