Media Monkey won't play? Tried Everything.
Sep 21, 2013 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

johnp9723

Head-Fier
Hey guys, I have had mediamonkey for a week now and like it alot and was going to buy the gold version but yesterday after updating iTunes and Quicktime mediamonkey won't play any of my songs it just grays them out and then quickly skips to the next song doing the same thing over and over.

I tried everything i could find on every forum about the subject for 4-5 hours last night and it still will not work. 

So i figured i would put a ticket in on media monkey support but you have to be signed in first before you can do that. Well i have not registered yet so i go to register and it won't let me it just says, (SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './mm_phpbb3new/phpbb_captcha_photo' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact Board Administrator if this problem persists.

So i send and email to mediamonkey support and this is what they responded with, 
support@mediamonkey.com
3:41 PM (1 hour ago)
cleardot.gif

​
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

This mailbox is inactive.

MediaMonkey support is handled directly via our website at:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

Thank you.

The MediaMonkey team

Well if i click the link it just sends me to the page where i have to sign in to write up a support ticket which brings me right back to the problem that i sent them an email for in the first place: not being able to register so i can send a support ticket.

So i have 2 questions, first question is: why is mediamonkey not working? Is it because of the iTunes/quicktime update?
second question is: how do i register if there system won't let me? Which means i can't send a support ticket.

I guess i have a third question: Why the heck would anybody pay 25 bucks for this or even use mediamonkey in the first place if you have to deal with issues like this all the time? I have never once had a problem with itunes and its free. yet mediamonkey screws up after just one week of use. Don't get me wrong i like media monkey and prefer it to itunes and would pay the 25 dollars for the gold version but i won't do that if i have to put up with problems like this all the time.

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #3 of 13
So this happened to me once, caused by something else all together. I had to reinstall it. Everything cleared up. 

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 13
I reinstalled it twice and it is exactly the same. :frowning2:   The worst part is i cant even submit a question for the support team because i can't register as a new user. I write to them and they say to submit a ticket duh thats what i'm trying to do but can't because i can't register. Its a never ending battle.

Sep 22, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #6 of 13
Sounds like the music path is off. Try going to the File menu and locate moved or missing files. Typically the graying out and moving to the next file signifies that the software doesnt find the music in the list.

Sep 22, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #7 of 13
I already tried that and it didn't work but i got it working now. I found out that mediamonkey needs quicktime to play songs and i just updated quicktime and while i was updating quicktime i was listening to mediamonkey. so i figured maybe something happened while it was updating that messed something up so i deleted itunes, quicktime and mediamonkey and redownloaded all of them and tried it and it worked fine. 

Sep 22, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #8 of 13
  I already tried that and it didn't work but i got it working now. I found out that mediamonkey needs quicktime to play songs and i just updated quicktime and while i was updating quicktime i was listening to mediamonkey. so i figured maybe something happened while it was updating that messed something up so i deleted itunes, quicktime and mediamonkey and redownloaded all of them and tried it and it worked fine. 

Hmm. I dont have quick time and it works fine for me.

Sep 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #13 of 13

Yeah i don't know im new to mediamonkey but i deleted itunes and quicktime and tried playing mediamonkey and mediamonkey said it cant play my music with out quicktime so i reinstalled quicktime and it worked.

Why dont you export any MediaMonkey Playlists and settings you have configured and uninstall MM, QT, and iTunes. Make sure all of the folders are gone and reboot. Then reinstall MM with the latest version you can for your license.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back